Jimmy Garoppolo

Elky

He really needs to just take a normal hit, pop up and realize his injury wasn’t from some pocket sack or hit he’s taken hundreds of times in his career  but a bad split decision. He’s both gun shy and flustered right now and throwing off his back foot. 

His win streak when he came over gave him a sense of invincibility but he’s still getting game reps and doesn’t even have a full seasyof them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, N4L said:

I don't think he will be cut either way, but the niners have the ability to cut him after this season, and after every subsequent off-season until his contract expires and pay him nothing 

It's basically the same contract we gave Kaepernick, except front loaded instead of back loaded.

A lot of people complain about the structure of the contract(s) that we give out, but I really don't have an issue with paying a guy really well as long as he is on your team. 

I understand that there are so many players that get screwed, but as long as the guy preforms he will continue to get paid. If you stop playing well, you don't get paid. Such is life, in so many other areas. 

The NFL needs to do a better job of taking care of former players. The United States of America needs to take better care of veterans. People sacrifice so much sometimes, which is what makes certain accomplishments so freaking remarkable. It's astounding what people are capable of, and how sometimes you need things to break your way. So many of these guys are resilient and make it out of such terrible situations, and part of it is just straight up good luck. It's impossible for everything to work out for everyone, and the fact it doesn't is what makes it REAL

I believe certain people just have that unquantifiable significance about them. It's part of evolution, honestly. Garoppolo has the it factor about him, there is no denying it. I've been burned before by fools gold (49ers always on the hunt for that GOLD) but this is not one of those times. This guy can play. He is a perfect fit for what our prodigy of a coach wants to do. People who question it, will run out of questions in due time, I have little doubt 

• Like 2

On 8/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, patman said:

I don't understand what his performance in his first game back in a year and after just having started practicing has drawn such firm conclusions.  

And now that he had a quality game against he Chiefs in an extended preseason game, it's time for 3 more pages of high praise. It's only fair. 

On 8/20/2019 at 5:35 PM, ITS_RAMMY_PLAYBOI said:

He’s 28 years old my guy. Been in many meetings and has learned behind the goat in Brady and Bill. Under a mastermind in Kyle. He’s getting a ish load of excuses. Rodgers sat and learned.. Jenny G Is a scrub. 

What?  He just came off a season ending injury.  From what we've seen recently, when a QB comes off a season ending injury, they suffer somewhat of a down year when they return (Carr, Watson, Wentz, etc).  He's hard to read because he really hasn't accomplished much in the league, so he's more of an unknown.  I wouldn't call him a scrub.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, Classic said:

I kinda wonder now if Jimmy G was just another product of the Belichick system. He was suppose to be a Wentz/Mahomes/Goff teir QB but looks more like a better but more injury prone version of Jamies Winston.

Honestly, there's something wrong if you're a product of the Pats system but can't be a product of Shanny's system. I honestly don't know how that is even feasible. This system made Nick Mullens look competent and people wondered if he could be a starter. So i don't think that is it. I think the sample in NE is far too limited to draw that conclusion as well. 

I could see him being a Winston tier level quarterback. I could see him being better. I could see him being good, or not very good at all. 

I don't know how you make any conclusions one way or the other about him at this point in time. I remind everyone that he has a full season of fewer starts than Mitch Trubisky, and people still don't know what that guy is either. Really hard to draw a definitive line on what a quarterback is after 8-10 games strung out over half a decade almost. He has the tools to be a good / successful quarterback, and the coaching to help him look even better than he actually is. But he could also just not be a good quarterback. He may be a mid tier level type guy. Really hard to say at this point. Any preseason game, good or bad, shouldn't really affect an opinion on him at this point because there is just not enough there to really formulate any sort of opinion. The hype over him after 2017's finish was insane, and thoughts that are burying him after he struggled three games last year and one preseason game this year are far too premature as well. 

I'm not even sure we will know after this year. I think he probably gets this year and next year to prove his worth, and at that point, assuming he's healthy the entire time, you have a solid idea of what he is and whether or not you want to proceed with him. 

• Like 1