Carolina v 49ers, week 1 GDT: Football is Back!

Forge

Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which newcomer are you looking forward to play his first game most

• Solomon Thomas
    • Reuben Foster
    • Marquise Goodwin
    • Pierre Garcon
    • George Kittle
    • Robbie Gould...because kickers are people too

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I think this will be the only week Tomlinson remains on the inactive roster. Once he learns the system a bit. Witherspoon too I thought he was Dontae Johnson's backup at CB?

Looks like we are rolling with Reaser over him. Maybe for STs reasons? Or because he could also play the slot?

58 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So Corey Davis is what a young #1 WR looks like huh?

I would have taken him at 3, personally. I like Solomon Thomas, of course, but I don't know that he's going to be all that special. Corey Davis is a #1. Just imagine what our offense could look like with him, Garçon, Goodwin, Robinson and Taylor, and a future franchise QB that is not named Hoyer. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Looks like we are rolling with Reaser over him. Maybe for STs reasons? Or because he could also play the slot?

Probably more because Witherspoon is still incredibly raw. His preseason was okay, but nothing that was standout. With Jerome active, he can play the slot as well. So Robinson, Johnson, Williams with Reaser, Jerome able to backup at various spots. 

1 minute ago, y2lamanaki said:

Yeah...but only the Special Teams choice makes sense. 

I thought I remember something about Shanny saying he wants to use being a captain as a type of reward for recent performance and stuff like that. According to Von Miller Trent Brown is the best RT in the NFL, and if AA looked pretty good this preseason imo. Idk i don't find it all that weird, but there is a lot of 'weird' stuff I don't find all that weird haha. 

Archived