El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie

vike daddy

21 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

wow i didn't even hear about that

was just thinking while watching Camino that he feels like one of the OGs and just always brings a certain vibe to movies that i really like 

Jackie Brown is still my favorite Tarantino movie and Forster crushed it in that.   I think the first movie I ever saw him in was The Black Hole as a kid.

• Like 1

It was fine as an epilogue to give Jesse some finality and closure. Basically exists to say that this one character is going to come out the other end and be able to make some kind of life for himself beyond the mess he was in and was a fun little plot to get him there. Was it neccessary? No probably not. Was it nice and well made to the point where it doesn't detract from the show and is a fun little add on? Yes. 

Aaron Paul is a strong enough actor to pull it off and make it work and there's enough there to satisfy fans and make it feel like it belongs in the universe. However, after this I really have no desire to see me more of this universe aside from the conclusion to Better Call Saul. The correct endings are in place. Anything else would cheapen it.

Edited by lancerman
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, lancerman said:

Aaron Paul is a strong enough actor to pull it off and make it work and there's enough there to satisfy fans and make it feel like it belongs in the universe. 

fun fact: Vince Gilligan intended to kill off the Jesse character in the first season of Breaking Bad. it was intended to be a solo story about Walter White.

• Like 1

I feel like that final episode showed how Heisenberg impacted Jesse and how Jesse also saved himself. At the kandy compound he was lethal killing those two dudes just as Heisenberg would but then he let the other three guys go in a merciful Jesse way. Heisenberg and Mike wouldn’t have let those dudes leave

On 10/13/2019 at 9:03 AM, Tyty said:

I feel like that final episode showed how Heisenberg impacted Jesse and how Jesse also saved himself. At the kandy compound he was lethal killing those two dudes just as Heisenberg would but then he let the other three guys go in a merciful Jesse way. Heisenberg and Mike wouldn’t have let those dudes leave

he gave Kandy an easy and cheap way out, THAT'S what Walt wouldn't have done.

Edited by vike daddy

The audience never learns the contents of Jesse’s letter to Brock, though it’s implied that it’s an attempt at explaining/apologizing/making amends for all the evil that Jesse unwillingly brought into Brock’s life. “That letter to Brock was the very first thing that Vince wrote when writing this script,” Paul notes. “Once he completed that letter, he started the script. Originally the voiceover of that letter was how the movie ended — just driving through Alaska and you could hear what was inside of that letter…. It’s heartbreaking, it’s beautiful, just honest. But Vince just thought, ‘You know what? Maybe it’s best left unknown.’ And we don’t need it. He was right. But I love knowing what was in the letter.”

Care to share even a line from that letter, Aaron? “Dear Brock,” deadpans the actor, before explaining: “I swore to Vince that I would never share what was in that letter. But… Jesse just could not be more open and honest. It’s just really him saying, ‘I’m sorry,’ and that’s it.”

https://ew.com/tv/2019/10/14/aaron-paul-vince-gilligan-breaking-bad-el-camino-alternate-endings/?utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_entertainmentweekly&utm_medium=social&utm_content=link&utm_term=A42501BC-EE9E-11E9-A887-4EC4FCA12A29&utm_source=facebook.com&fbclid=IwAR1Zv4nhkRsetH9i1b653G3GaQ7T5Y98yRFSpY3mQ04vlm9a3xBjyARZ1YY&fbclid=IwAR3RF-ejgT47-H1YgTSiG8A0WwfJwIKOvyHTOKCMJi5RuOANB7QS47qFLbI&fbclid=IwAR2_o_ScL2Wrj9PCjkxEM--MuQJFqg4v3dd3OpiNNWbjUrQypf50cywIbk4&fbclid=IwAR1Bp9XUVjmDPvx95kjXQBMTr0A3ZLnp9UXu80agQAN4wn-tn3q8xfNi1c0

Watched this a few days ago. It was fine, I liked it, but it felt very much like an extended TV episode. The pacing was much more like TV than a movie, as was the content.

At first it was maybe mildly disappointing, but after sitting on it a few days I think it's perfect. I'm not sure a real feature film would have fit in well with the spirit of the show. This felt quite seamless, and was really the perfect sendoff for Jesse.

For anyone watching the show for the first time, I would suggest they watch this right after the finale, kind of like the 2nd finale. Aside from the fact that Todd is like twice the size, I think it flows on perfectly.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Buckrock101 said:

Watched this a few days ago. It was fine, I liked it, but it felt very much like an extended TV episode. The pacing was much more like TV than a movie, as was the content.

At first it was maybe mildly disappointing, but after sitting on it a few days I think it's perfect. I'm not sure a real feature film would have fit in well with the spirit of the show. This felt quite seamless, and was really the perfect sendoff for Jesse.

For anyone watching the show for the first time, I would suggest they watch this right after the finale, kind of like the 2nd finale. Aside from the fact that Todd is like twice the size, I think it flows on perfectly.

A. This was my initial thought. I can understand why people were disappointed but I thought it was done goodly

B. Don’t ever ******* hate on Fatt Damon again