Jump to content
holt_bruce81

Add/Drop thread

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@holt_bruce81 and others:

I drafted Zach Ertz but Vance McDonald is on the waiver wire(somehow, someway he went undrafted)

The only person I could drop realistically would be Justin Jackson. Its a non-PPR league, I have Zeke, Josh Jacobs, David Montgomery, James White and Latavius Murray

I know I'd never start McDonald over Ertz but at least he is an elite level backup if something were to happen to Ertz and a great bye week filler too

The potential Jackson gives if Gordon actually sits out is pretty huge especially if he will be more the feature guy

Thoughts?

Absolutely not. Let Vance sit there. I never carry two Tight ends except the bye week. You have Ertz, whom you are never going to sit. The reason Vance went undrafted is that he's largely a replacement level tight end and you can name half a dozen guys that are going to be comparable. Even more on a random week by week basis. 

Jackson has far more potential value down the line (let's remember, even if Gordon ends the hold out, the possibility of injury coming back is very real). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I like Darnold alot, but I like him less than Big Ben(Who I dont love but you know much more about him) I dont like Fant much at all and Crockett has much less of a chance being great than Darnold

I agree with this.  Fant is still battling two other guys for reps in Denver and I'm not sure he's not massive TD-dependent (on fewer reps than others in the TE pool) till at least midseason.  Traditionally, rookie TE's (Kittle was a needle in a haystack) aren't major fantasy contributors.  Crockett lacks vision, or at least hasn't made the transition to the pro's in terms of vision yet, and the Texans almost assuredly are going to bring in someone once teams start trimming their rosters down.

I don't mind you dropping Darnold for someone (I'm just not an advocate of drafting multiple QB's outside of a 2 QB league), but I feel like there ought to be better speculative waiver wire targets than the ones you listed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I agree with this.  Fant is still battling two other guys for reps in Denver and I'm not sure he's not massive TD-dependent (on fewer reps than others in the TE pool) till at least midseason.  Traditionally, rookie TE's (Kittle was a needle in a haystack) aren't major fantasy contributors.  Crockett lacks vision, or at least hasn't made the transition to the pro's in terms of vision yet, and the Texans almost assuredly are going to bring in someone once teams start trimming their rosters down.

I don't mind you dropping Darnold for someone (I'm just not an advocate of drafting multiple QB's outside of a 2 QB league), but I feel like there ought to be better speculative waiver wire targets than the ones you listed.

If your talking about my post, here are the top 5 at each position on the wire

QB:
Big Ben
Trubisky
Stafford
Jimmy G
Cousins

RB:
Chris Thompson
Damien Harris
Buddy Howell
Mike Davis
Josh Ferguson

WR:
Marquise Goodwin
Keke Coutee 
Mohamed Sanu
Miles Boykin
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd rather have Harris, Goodwin (Pettis is dealing with a groin injury right now, that's going to hobble him out the gate to start the season), Sanu, and a healthy (he's not right now) Coutee than a second QB.  Add in Thompson too if your league has any sort of PPR format.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Forge said:

Absolutely not. Let Vance sit there. I never carry two Tight ends except the bye week. You have Ertz, whom you are never going to sit. The reason Vance went undrafted is that he's largely a replacement level tight end and you can name half a dozen guys that are going to be comparable. Even more on a random week by week basis. 

Jackson has far more potential value down the line (let's remember, even if Gordon ends the hold out, the possibility of injury coming back is very real). 

Its a 12 team league and Noah Fant got drafted, Vance should have been drafted but you're right, I hate carrying 2 TEs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big league. Big roster. Threw a dart at a lot of RBs. Need to drop 2 for a K/DEF:

Miles Sanders, Mike Davis, Nyhiem Hines, CJ Anderson, Chris Thompson, Justin Jackson and Gio Bernard. 

It is a PPR league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kyle21121 said:

Big league. Big roster. Threw a dart at a lot of RBs. Need to drop 2 for a K/DEF:

Miles Sanders, Mike Davis, Nyhiem Hines, CJ Anderson, Chris Thompson, Justin Jackson and Gio Bernard. 

It is a PPR league. 

Probably Thompson for sure....I'd probably lean toward Mike Davis as the other. Between Montgomery, Cohen...I just don't like the potential share he's goingn to have. Volume matters. For Thompson, that offense is going to blow, so the upside is limited in my opinion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Forge said:

Probably Thompson for sure....I'd probably lean toward Mike Davis as the other. Between Montgomery, Cohen...I just don't like the potential share he's goingn to have. Volume matters. For Thompson, that offense is going to blow, so the upside is limited in my opinion. 

Thompson seems like an easy cut. I was thinking Booker instead of Davis though. Both sorta in similar positions. Mike Davis May be a better player than Booker. Idk I’m really splitting hairs right now but you think Davis is an easy cut over Booker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kyle21121 said:

Thompson seems like an easy cut. I was thinking Booker instead of Davis though. Both sorta in similar positions. Mike Davis May be a better player than Booker. Idk I’m really splitting hairs right now but you think Davis is an easy cut over Booker?

I'm assuming you mean Davontae Booker? If so, yeah, he's the clear cut. I didn't see him on your list. CJ Anderson is fine to let go of as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'm assuming you mean Davontae Booker? If so, yeah, he's the clear cut. I didn't see him on your list. CJ Anderson is fine to let go of as well. 

Yea it’s pretty bad right now but I gotta keep guys even with that little bit of upside right now. Thompson and Booker are the guys I’m thinking of letting go. I’ll give CJ Anderson a couple of weeks see if there’s anything left in the tank at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dropping the Chiefs defense for the Cowboys. I like Dallas' defense to start the season. 

Week 1 vs Giants
Week 2 @ Redskins
Week 3 vs Miami 

Edited by holt_bruce81

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Dropping the Chiefs defense for the Cowboys. I like Dallas' defense to start the season. 

Week 1 vs Giants
Week 2 @ Redskins
Week 3 vs Miami 

Yes, I would absolutely agree with that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it save to drop James Washington? 

I have no doubt that he eventually gets the #2 role in Pittsburgh, but not sure when. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Big league. Big roster. Threw a dart at a lot of RBs. Need to drop 2 for a K/DEF:

Miles Sanders, Mike Davis, Nyhiem Hines, CJ Anderson, Chris Thompson, Justin Jackson and Gio Bernard. 

It is a PPR league. 

Thompson and Gio for me but I understand cutting Davis too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is it save to drop James Washington? 

I have no doubt that he eventually gets the #2 role in Pittsburgh, but not sure when. 

I really like Washington alot but I’m struggling to find someone to cut for him

Who would you pick up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×