Add/Drop thread

holt_bruce81

11 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Dropping the Chiefs defense for the Cowboys. I like Dallas' defense to start the season. 

Week 1 vs Giants
Week 2 @ Redskins
Week 3 vs Miami 

Agreed. I’ve been adding them alot for their schedule as well. I understand KC v Jax is intriguing but it’s probably best to just go with the better defense with a favorable schedule and save the waiver wire for a guy you really want

13 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I really like Washington alot but I’m struggling to find someone to cut for him

Who would you pick up?

That's the thing, I'm not 100% sure. Might just keep the roster spot open for streaming purposes. I mean there are guys on the wire that intrigue me, but they probably aren't worth picking up right now...

1. Ben Roethlisberger
2. Kirk Cousins
3. Damien Harris 
4. Marquise Goodwin
5. Miles Boykin
6. Mohamed Sanu
7. Darren Waller
8. Noah Fant
9. Dallas Goedert 

I don't think Washington is worth dropping for any of those guys right now. But when it comes to defense I like to kinda stream the season with 2 if I can. So to start the year I picked up the Cowboys defense for the first 3 weeks. But in weeks 4 and 5 they have tough match-ups and I likely won't be keeping them after week 3, unless they absolutely crush it. So instead of waiting till after week 2 or 3, I like to look a few weeks in advance for defenses that have good match ups. Right now the Chiefs are on the Wire (obviously because I just dropped them) and in Week 4 they're @Detroit and week 5 they play Indy at Arrowhead. Not great match-ups but I like to have that in my back pocket. Defenses get added and dropped all the time so the likelihood of there being a better defense on the wire after week 3 than the Chiefs for a week 4 match-up is probably pretty high, but then I'm using more FAAB money in hopes of outbidding someone. 

This will test your fantasy skill.

Looking to drop of one; Nyheim Hines or Robert Foster 

The FAs available in my league;

RB: Elijah McGuire, TJ Yeldon, Wendell Smallwood, Corey Clement, Alfred Blue, Jacquizz Rodgrs, Ty Montgomery

WR: Michael Crabtree, Rashard Higgins, Chester Rogers, Kendrick Bourne, Seth Roberts, Chris Hogan, Josh Reynolds, Taywan Taylor

I mean...where do I start....:/

5 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

And yes, I probably will just keep Washington lol

Roethlisberger is an intriguing one because if you believe in Washington then you gotta believe in Ben because Juju will make him relevant all on his own and i have used 2 defenses in the past bc you can sure up matchups easily if you can find 2 teams that mesh perfectly 

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

This will test your fantasy skill.

Looking to drop of one; Nyheim Hines or Robert Foster 

The FAs available in my league;

RB: Elijah McGuire, TJ Yeldon, Wendell Smallwood, Corey Clement, Alfred Blue, Jacquizz Rodgrs, Ty Montgomery

WR: Michael Crabtree, Rashard Higgins, Chester Rogers, Kendrick Bourne, Seth Roberts, Chris Hogan, Josh Reynolds, Taywan Taylor

I mean...where do I start....:/

Standard or PPR? Ty Monty stands out alot because he should catch alot of passes and Bell isn’t exactly free of injury in his career

@holt_bruce81 and co

Would you drop Fitzgerald or Justin Jackson to add John Brown or James Washington in a non-ppr league?

I have Zeke without Pollard so idk if i can cut Jackson as a lotto ticket(i do have Jacobs, Monty, White and Latavius) and at WR i only have Julio, Godwin and Robby so if i cut Fitz i need a WR back

i do really like Brown and Washington alot and i kind of wish i just said screw it to my QB rule of dont draft one too early and instead of getting 2 late, I just take Ryan round 6 and get another lotto ticket WR but i had no idea so many random guys would be drafted

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

I’m keeping a second qb in case Trubisky doesn’t have high fantasy output.  I have Cousins, and am considering dropping him for Josh Allen.  I feel Allen has pretty high upside with his legs, and don’t mind the risk since he would be my second qb.  Yes, I understand my qb situation isn’t ideal.

Any thoughts on Allen vs Cousins?

19 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

@holt_bruce81 and co

Would you drop Fitzgerald or Justin Jackson to add John Brown or James Washington in a non-ppr league?

I have Zeke without Pollard so idk if i can cut Jackson as a lotto ticket(i do have Jacobs, Monty, White and Latavius) and at WR i only have Julio, Godwin and Robby so if i cut Fitz i need a WR back

i do really like Brown and Washington alot and i kind of wish i just said screw it to my QB rule of dont draft one too early and instead of getting 2 late, I just take Ryan round 6 and get another lotto ticket WR but i had no idea so many random guys would be drafted

I don't think I would. Definitely wouldn't drop Jackson at this point.