Add/Drop thread

holt_bruce81

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Williams is certainly worth a short term add, but if the worst player you are dropping is adam humphries, I wouldn't worry about it (PPR league). I'm not sure how strong that Williams / Carr connection will be, and at this point, we really don't know what's going on with AB. For all we know, this could be a single game suspension and for some reason they decide not to cut him and he's back in week 2. And this isn't a matchup you're going to play Williams in anyway. 

If you have a fringe roster player, I'd take him. If not, I think it's okay to let him go. 

It's full ppr. Thats why I ask. I guess my question was geared more toward which player you think has a larger market share moving forward.

38 minutes ago, twslhs20 said:

It's full ppr. Thats why I ask. I guess my question was geared more toward which player you think has a larger market share moving forward.

That Oakland situation is such a mess right now. I think Humphries should have a good floor, and I have no idea what to do with Williams yet. Carr doens't throw the ball down field a whole ton. If there's a beneficiary to the AB drama, I think it's guys like Jacobs / Richard, not so much Williams. If anything, this could have a detrimental impact on Williams. Sure, he's wide receiver 1 now, but that means he also gets CB1 on the other side. 

12 hours ago, Mich_fan20 said:

Melvin Gordon is no longer allowed on my IR so I have to drop someone (trying to swing a trade but we'll see).

Darwin Thompson or Carlos Hyde?

Thanks guys.

I'm going to go the other direction. I am rostering Hyde over Thompson right now. The reason is simple - he has a much better chance of having immediate trade value within the first few weeks. He's going to get carries, probably the goal line work. I would never start him (as someone else said, he's probably going to get 30-40 yards, and maybe he'll fall into the endzone), but if someone loses a running back, or is just very thin there, Hyde has more trade value at the immediate point in time. Sure, it's not going to get you anything great, but it could get you a useful player at some point. 

With Thompson, his path to volume is going to require some luck, in my opinion. Hyde should have some volume out of the gate. There will probably come a point in the season where I switch gears and drop Hyde for Thompson because of the upside play, but for the opening weeks, I'll take Hyde and see if I can eventually extricate any value. 

34 minutes ago, holt_bruce81 said:

Is Hunter Renfrow a must add now? I’m going to add either him or Mecole Hardman by tonight or tomorrow morning just not sure which one yet. 

I don't think he's a must add or anything at this point. Not until I least see his usage. I do think that there's a chance that he's the bigger beneficiary to AB's release over Williams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

better drop? L Murray or J Hill.

Matt Ryan was dropped and i can use him to reduce my QB risk as i only have K Murray on roster. I have low wavier priority so might be moot.

Maybe i should drop my kicker (Bryant) for him and run without one this week, I'm favoured by a decent amount. 

Whats your team look like?

32 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

better drop? L Murray or J Hill.

Matt Ryan was dropped and i can use him to reduce my QB risk as i only have K Murray on roster. I have low wavier priority so might be moot.

Maybe i should drop my kicker (Bryant) for him and run without one this week, I'm favoured by a decent amount. 

Murray is getting slept in I feel like. He's not sexy, but I think he's going to prove his draft worth and be useful