49ers release Super Bowl XLVIII MVP Malcolm Smith

TheKillerNacho

4 minutes ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

Was a joke he got MVP ahead of Chancellor. Im glad it was the Niners who overpaid him though. 

Terrible contract, terrible overpay, but largely inconsequential to the 49ers in the long run. But man, what a dumb deal lol. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ThirtyOne-EightyNine said:

Was a joke he got MVP ahead of Chancellor. Im glad it was the Niners who overpaid him though. 

I never understood why Smith won the MVP for this game

Yes he has recover a fumble for a TD, but outside of that, I have not heard too much of his name in this game ... Chancellor was the best player in this game.

2 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

He looked like the worst LB on the Raiders the last time I saw him play.  He's not good...

He is horrible, and any fans/team that is looking at him as an 'upgrade' needs to adjust their expectations. 

Honestly, he should just retire. He is that bad right now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

He looked like the worst LB on the Raiders the last time I saw him play.  He's not good...

He honestly never was. People forget that in the Superbowl year for the Seahawks he was still a 2nd string OLB who subbed in on Nickel/Dime downs for KJ Wright early in his career. He took that SBMVP accolade and milked that baby for all it was worth (which was smart of him to do, tbh). I wouldn't mind him as a depth ILB for the first few weeks until ours get healthy or something like that, but you're right. Anyone expecting this guy to be a starter or a solid addition to your team is mistaken.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He honestly never was. People forget that in the Superbowl year for the Seahawks he was still a 2nd string OLB who subbed in on Nickel/Dime downs for KJ Wright early in his career. He took that SBMVP accolade and milked that baby for all it was worth (which was smart of him to do, tbh). I wouldn't mind him as a depth ILB for the first few weeks until ours get healthy or something like that, but you're right. Anyone expecting this guy to be a starter or a solid addition to your team is mistaken.

6 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I'd take a flyer on him with the Ravens. We're kind of thin at ILB at the moment.

hmmmm