Jump to content
M.10.E

Eluemunor Traded to New England

Recommended Posts

I really hope this means Senat is good to go. I would prefer we don't go into an oline shuffle if Stanley goes down with injury. I would prefer even less that we put James Hurst at LT. I'd rather go with Stanley, Hurst, Skura, Yanda and Brown as starters and Power, Senat, Bozeman and Mekari as backups. (Yeah I still go with 9 olines)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah and with some of the injuries across the league, might be too much to ask for Senat making it through waivers onto our practice squad.

LT: Ronnie Stanley, Greg Senat

LG: James Hurst, Bradley Bozeman

C: Matt Skura, Patrick Mekari

RG: Marshal Yanda, Ben Powers

RT: Orlando Brown Jr

Out of the list Bozeman has probably done the least to secure a spot. He will have to hope that we trade at least one more bubble player, such as Kenneth Dixon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lmfao we traded away a guy we were going to cut AND a pick that is worthless for a 4th round pick in return?! 

EDC fleecing BB in his year as GM is legendary.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good deal. EDC is certainly diving head first into the job.

Now go get us Ngakoue. Please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Good deal. EDC is certainly diving head first into the job.

Now go get us Ngakoue. Please.

 

How much cheaper would he be than Clowney? Really? And Clowney hasn't even reached his prime yet either.

Edited by BareYourTeeth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BareYourTeeth said:

How much cheaper would he be than Clowney? Really? And Clowney hasn't even reached his prime yet either.

Yanny is two years younger, has no injury history, and is the better pure pass rusher of the two. 

I'm guessing his agent is going to push for more money than Clowney. Who knows though? Deion Jones got a worse deal than Mosley. So "brand" value still carries a lot of weight, and Clowney has that over Ngakoue

If you want a young and elite player at a key position in the NFL. You either need to draft one, which is incredibly difficult- obviously. Or you have to pay a lot of money for one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yanny is two years younger, has no injury history, and is the better pure pass rusher of the two. 

I'm guessing his agent is going to push for more money than Clowney. Who knows though? Deion Jones got a worse deal than Mosley. So "brand" value still carries a lot of weight, and Clowney has that over Ngakoue

If you want a young and elite player at a key position in the NFL. You either need to draft one, which is incredibly difficult- obviously. Or you have to pay a lot of money for one. 

And we have to strike while Lamar is on his rookie deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Yanny is two years younger, has no injury history, and is the better pure pass rusher of the two. 

I'm guessing his agent is going to push for more money than Clowney. Who knows though? Deion Jones got a worse deal than Mosley. So "brand" value still carries a lot of weight, and Clowney has that over Ngakoue

If you want a young and elite player at a key position in the NFL. You either need to draft one, which is incredibly difficult- obviously. Or you have to pay a lot of money for one. 

And if we're not willing to spend right now while we have Lamar and several others on rookie deals, when will we? This is the prime time to be making your SB run and building your core.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, M.10.E said:

And we have to strike while Lamar is on his rookie deal.

 

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

And if we're not willing to spend right now while we have Lamar and several others on rookie deals, when will we? This is the prime time to be making your SB run and building your core.

Exactly. This is- The Window

Luckily, with how aggressive EDC has already shown himself to be. We know he isn't going to be afraid to make any moves. And right now a trade for Ngakoue just makes too much sense. We have the need, we have the ammunition, and we have the cap space going forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh what? We got a 4th? That's awesome. A lot of demand for O-lineman if his value was that high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So we’ve added a 5th for a kicker that is disappointing elsewhere and a 4th for an OT that we probably cut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×