49ers place RB Jerick McKinnon on IR

RaidersAreOne

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

We have paid him 16 million dollars. He will likely never take a regular season snap for the 49ers at this point. 

That's how you win super bowls. 

im confused what youre trying to say here, that they shouldnt have signed him because he may have gotten hurt?

• Like 1

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

im confused what youre trying to say here, that they shouldnt have signed him because he may have gotten hurt?

Well, we shouldn't have signed him to that contract because it was ridiculous and stupid, just like the Malcolm Smith deal, just like the Cooper deal.  But no, that's not what I'm trying to say. 

I'm saying we paid him $16 million dollars (well, like 15.4) and will likely not get a single regular season play from him. I thought I wrote that up pretty clearly. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, we shouldn't have signed him to that contract because it was ridiculous and stupid, just like the Malcolm Smith deal, just like the Cooper deal.  But no, that's not what I'm trying to say. 

I'm saying we paid him $16 million dollars (well, like 15.4) and will likely not get a single regular season play from him. I thought I wrote that up pretty clearly. 

At least you have Coleman and Breida though! 

1 minute ago, SteelKing728 said:

At least you have Coleman and Breida though! 

For sure, and Mostert is a capable runner as well. The loss of McKinnon isn't big or anything as Coleman could do a lot of the things he could do in the passing game and Breida is the best runner of the bunch. But the signing is going to end up looking atrocious as we will have paid this man damn near 20M for him to take a grand total of zero snaps for the team.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Forge said:

it was clear, but seemed like you were blaming the niners for not being able to tell mckinnon would get injured. which is kinda foolish, dont you think? Mckinnon was tailor made for shanahans offense, he got hurt though. It sucks, but its football. The contract was pretty well written where it didnt cost them any players that they couldnt sign because of him, unless im missing one and you guys missed out. Who was the player the niners couldnt sign because of mckinnon?

Otherwise, the niners bet on him fitting well inside an offense that would utilize guys like him pretty well. whether you think he was good or not, the guy was (maybe still is) an athletic freak that had some pedigree. Maybe we disgaree fundametally but i just dont think a signing that went wrong 100% solely because of injury can be considered that bad. 

3 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

it was clear, but seemed like you were blaming the niners for not being able to tell mckinnon would get injured. which is kinda foolish, dont you think? Mckinnon was tailor made for shanahans offense, he got hurt though. It sucks, but its football. The contract was pretty well written where it didnt cost them any players that they couldnt sign because of him, unless im missing one and you guys missed out. Who was the player the niners couldnt sign because of mckinnon?

It's a good thing that's not what I said, huh? Not sure why you added all the rest, tbh. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's a good thing that's not what I said, huh? Not sure why you added all the rest, tbh. 

kinda what you said, in case you forgot. i gave you a chance to clarify but you really didnt, just that the deal was "ridiculous and stupid'. I mean, pretty clear from below youre blaming them because he blew out his knee in the preseason. where that crystal ball when you need it....

He will likely never take a regular season snap for the 49ers at this point. 

That's how you win super bowls. 

Just now, GSUeagles14 said:

kinda what you said, in case you forgot. i gave you a chance to clarify but you really didnt, just that the deal was "ridiculous and stupid'. I mean, pretty clear from below youre blaming them because he blew out his knee in the preseason. where that crystal ball when you need it....

It's really not what i said, but thanks for playing. 

Yes, the deal was ridiculous and stupid, never did I say that it was because he got hurt. You can continue looking for your fight elsewhere, thanks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's really not what i said, but thanks for playing. 

Yes, the deal was ridiculous and stupid, never did I say that it was because he got hurt. You can continue looking for your fight elsewhere, thanks. 

It was kind of implied in the way you wrote it though...by emphasizing the fact that he'll probably never take a snap for the Niners.  As though that is the biggest problem with that deal.  Rather than just...it was a silly deal to begin with, that's been made to look even more absurd by some unforeseeable injuries keeping him from even playing and underperforming for them.

1 minute ago, Tugboat said:

It was kind of implied in the way you wrote it though...by emphasizing the fact that he'll probably never take a snap for the Niners.  As though that is the biggest problem with that deal.  Rather than just...it was a silly deal to begin with, that's been made to look even more absurd by some unforeseeable injuries keeping him from even playing and underperforming for them.

You would think that the subsequent post where I flat out said that wasn't what I was saying would have cleared that up.