College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The scheme we are using, if anything, calls for smaller linemen. Throw in his awful analytics grades on isolation pass pro, and I'm a known hater of his. I'm just calling it like I see it. For him to succeed at how big he is would be an anomaly, not the norm. His 1 on 1 pass pro is bad, his college scheme doesn't translate well or easily into today's NFL, and Thomas and Wills are better, not to mention my belief in Wirfs.

JMHO

Baltimore did it with Johnathan Ogden and Bryant McKinnie, but ok. We all are entitled to our options. Tbh, these types of arguments probably go on in NFL circles all the time 😃

Edited by MSURacerDT55

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Baltimore did it with Johnathan Ogden and Bryant McKinnie, but ok. We all are entitled to our options

Ogden was drafted in 1994 and McKinnie by many standards never came close to living up to the hype of his draft slot and was a decent albeit underachieving LT for a while.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Ogden was drafted in 1994 and McKinnie by many standards never came close to living up to the hype of his draft slot and was a decent albeit underachieving LT for a while.

Tony bosellli,kyle long

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Baltimore did it with Johnathan Ogden and Bryant McKinnie, but ok. We all are entitled to our options. Tbh, these types of arguments probably go on in NFL circles all the time 😃

Ogden

McKinnie

Becton

which one doesn’t belong? Ogden and McKinnie were both multiple time All Americans and were Outland trophy winners and we clearly the best lineman in their draft class. Hell McKinnie finished 8th in the heisman voting his final seasons. 

Also if McKinnie didn’t hold out his rookie year he would have been the starting LT from day 1 

Becton isn’t this amazing lineman, so why the hell are we comparing him to what other amazing lineman did

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ogden

McKinnie

Becton

which one doesn’t belong? Ogden and McKinnie were both multiple time All Americans and were Outland trophy winners and we clearly the best lineman in their draft class. Hell McKinnie finished 8th in the heisman voting his final seasons. 

Also if McKinnie didn’t hold out his rookie year he would have been the starting LT from day 1 

Becton isn’t this amazing lineman, so why the hell are we comparing him to what other amazing lineman did

becton is officially listed at 6 feet 7 inches

All those lineman went to the pro bowl and how about Nate solder just a average lt

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Also, I think the dream scenario for Berry is landing Trent Williams and drafting Tristan Wirfs.

Baker would have an elite offensive line day 1.

As good at filling holes as that plan is, that's a ton of money tied up to the OL now and in the near future. If we swing for Trent Williams (I doubt it now) we'll probably trade down or take the best defensive player available. 

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Idk, these look really good to me:

-Played well against really good opponents 

-Moved bodies in the run game

- Erased opponents

- Rag dolled guys 280lbs +

I dont see why guys hate him...

Clemson DL was nothing special this year. So using them as a barometer isn’t all that great. Can you bring up the film from the ‘18 season when that Clemson DL was absolutely stacked. That would be better film. 

I just think he gets hated cause he isn’t the #1 or #2 tackle and it gets talked about like he is.