College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

9 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

If New England offers you a Goff-level package of picks, would you take it?

I took the liberty of correcting your post for you. 

If New England offered us a buttload of picks comparable to the Goff compensation, sure I do it. But that would never happen.

I know it’s boring. But there is 1 scenario that makes sense for us. Pick a LT at #10. 

18 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I took the liberty of correcting your post for you. 

If New England offered us a buttload of picks comparable to the Goff compensation, sure I do it. But that would never happen.

I know it’s boring. But there is 1 scenario that makes sense for us. Pick a LT at #10. 

I do not know about you but to me there is so much uncertainty around this draft .

I can see us trading down to 18 and getting Thomas not very likely but I can see it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NateDawg said:

Lincoln Riley laid it down in that game. All time bad second-half coaching job. They stopped trying to score and started to call the offense scared.

100% true

That will end up being a infamous game in Riley’s career. That will be the best Oklahoma team he ever coaches.

His offense is what I want to run for Baker. Get Baker some monstrous offensive linemen that will actually protect him. Then sprinkle in explosive skill position players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel people will look back on him 2-3 years from now and think “how did we miss a slam dunk franchise LT? He was a monster day 1.”

I think he's just suffering from being in an OT class that LOOKS like the best in years, maybe a decade. In most other years he's OT1 and it's never really a discussion.

But this year, you've got a guy who has very good (but not perfect) tape and production and tested as one of the best OT athletes in years (Wirfs), a guy who has picture perfect technique and years of production at the highest level of competition (Wills), and a guy who is insanely massive while retaining athleticism and quickness for his size and who's best plays make him look like a freaking man playing against toddlers (Becton).

It's not that Thomas is getting unfairly knocked, it's that it's really hard to split the hairs at the top this year and depends a lot on what you personally look for in a prospect.

It reminds me a lot of the 2018 QB class. Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, and Jackson were all really, really good QB prospects (IMO) and it was all about what attributes you thought were most likely to bring success. Accuracy? You're going Mayfield. Young and plays best out of structure? Darnold. On time and in rhythm excels in the 10-20 zone? Rosen. Running ability, duel threat? Jackson. Raw arm strength and prospect hype? Allen.

• Like 3

Excellent thought

They all have strengths and weaknesses but at the same time they are all better than Pittsburghs  left tackle.

My biggest argument is that there are starting tackles available  all the way down into the 6th round this year why spend 19,000,000 on right tackles

1 hour ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent thought

They all have strengths and weaknesses but at the same time they are all better than Pittsburghs  left tackle.

My biggest argument is that there are starting tackles available  all the way down into the 6th round this year why spend 19,000,000 on right tackles

Because the draft is a crapshoot. There are guys in the 3rd-4th who MIGHT be able to start someday. I don't know about the 6th, even in this class. And those 3rd-4th round guys really shouldn't be starting year one. So if we don't sign Conklin or another RT, we're locked in on tackles with our first two picks, and EVERYONE knows it. That's a bad, bad position to be in. And honestly, of the big money tackle deals handed out this season, I think Conklin's is the most reasonable.

55 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Maybe. NYG always leaks their first round pick and people are starting to say that they are taking Simmons, I think I trust that.

I believe that. Drafted a runningback with a top 5 pick and a LB with a top 5 pick.

Theyredoingitwrong

• Like 1

21 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Andrew Thomas is a guy that I think “played too much” and exposed himself to a lot of criticism consequently.

I feel people will look back on him 2-3 years from now and think “how did we miss a slam dunk franchise LT? He was a monster day 1.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1248280007165779969

Yeah I don’t think this is a tricky question tbh.

Is he guaranteed to be the best as a pro?  Not at all, but unless there’s character issues we’re not aware, it’s an easy choice for me who OT1 is.  I like Wills too, it’s 1a and 1b, but gun to my head I’m taking Thomas and feeling good about it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah I don’t think this is a tricky question tbh.

Is he guaranteed to be the best as a pro?  Not at all, but unless there’s character issues we’re not aware, it’s an easy choice for me who OT1 is.  I like Wills too, it’s 1a and 1b, but gun to my head I’m taking Thomas and feeling good about it.

Yeah, that's where I'm at. I'll be stoked with either Wills or Thomas. Now if both are gone and it's down to Wirfs and Becton, then I'm not sure who I"d pick between those two even though I like both - they're just definitely below Wills and Thomas for me.