College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Did Ashtyn Davis’s dad play for OSU?

Not sure what else there is to know?

lol I know that but what exactly are the S rankings after Delpit/McKinney. Plus we all know the Browns avoid OSU players like its the plague so I think Winfields probably off the table by association. They seemed to pop their cherry with Denzel Ward 2 years ago but Im just going to assume that was a outlier

Edited by AkronsWitness

25 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol I know that but what exactly are the S rankings after Delpit/McKinney. Plus we all know the Browns avoid OSU players like its the plague so I think Winfields probably off the table by association. They seemed to pop their cherry with Denzel Ward 2 years ago but Im just going to assume that was a outlier

😠😡😤

Edited by NudeTayne
Okudah at 10

54 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The S class likely will look something like this:

Delpit-Late 1st

McKinney-Late 1st

Winfield-2nd**

Chinn-2nd

Dugger-2nd

Burgess-2nd

A. Davis-3rd

J. Reed-4th**

Gilman-4th**

K. Wallace-4th

The guys I starred are the guys I would target based on their abilities and projected draft slot.

Plus I think you could see Bryce Hall converted to a FS. He’s a special football player. Plays CB, but has some speed deficiencies. He would be an excellent get. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Plus I think you could see Bryce Hall converted to a FS. He’s a special football player. Plays CB, but has some speed deficiencies. He would be an excellent get. 

Has a Micah Hyde feel to him, Hall might be that one a few years back and people wonder how they missed on him

10 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Anybody who has done more research than me have a opinion on Antoine Winfield v. Ashtyn Davis in the 2nd? Would love to snag one coming back around in the 2nd. Winfield looks like a potential stud and didnt realize he was as versatile as he is.

I saw someone give Winfield an Earl Thomas comp and I kinda agree with it

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was listening to 92.3 this afternoon and they mention that it is rumored that Atlanta wants to try and trade up to #10/#11

There was a reason we did a bunch of research on the second tier OT prospects (Jones, Cleveland, Jackson). I'd assume they decided they only want 1-2 of those top 4 at pick ten. If they're both gone we're set up to load up on more resources and get our favorite of that second tier group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freakygeniuskid said:

There was a reason we did a bunch of research on the second tier OT prospects (Jones, Cleveland, Jackson). I'd assume they decided they only want 1-2 of those top 4 at pick ten. If they're both gone we're set up to load up on more resources and get our favorite of that second tier group.

Very much embracing trading down when I see the talent we can get late 1st through 3rd rounds.

Plugging more holes.

We do not need an all pro at every position of need to improve significantly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Which tackles do we like at 10 right now? Any consensus?

Best I can tell the fan consensus is most everyone is okay with Wills/Thomas, Wirfs and Becton are less popular.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Which tackles do we like at 10 right now? Any consensus?

I've been saying Thomas, since we found out we had the 10th pick.......but I like Wirfs too...

But  the Room seems to be either OK with Thomas or Wills....I wouldnt hate Wills, if we traded down. I think he will be stuck at RT.

Edited by DaWg_LB.

1 hour ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I've been saying Thomas, since we found out we had the 10th pick.......but I like Wirfs too...

But  the Room seems to be either OK with Thomas or Wills....I wouldnt hate Wills, if we traded down. I think he will be stuck at RT.

Why do you think he will be stuck at RT?