College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

Just now, Mind Character said:

Jedrick Wills Jr. and Andrew Thomas are both going to be off the board well before pick #10.

Make your peace with Becton or Wirfs, but hope that Berry and co. trade down for Austin Jackson and/or go in a different route than just staying at 10 and selecting whoever is left out of Becton and Wirfs.

Grab Wirfs and Jackson for all I care.  

Wirfs and Conklin would be a disgusting right side of the line.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Grab Wirfs and Jackson for all I care.  

Wirfs and Conklin would be a disgusting right side of the line.

If we draft Wirfs to play Guard AND get Jackson, it's a big-time win.

If we draft Wirfs to play Left Tackle AND go for a Safety like the Great Delpin, Jeremy Chinn, or Ashtyn Davis instead of an immediate quality starter in the 2nd, We Lose Big.

shiiiiitt... I hope Andrew Berry is a competent drafting GM... the wait for the draft is starting to get a little wild..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Jedrick Wills Jr. and Andrew Thomas are both going to be off the board well before pick #10.

I would assume this is the case as well.

Make your peace with Becton

I will literally NEVER make my peace with Becton until he proves me wrong. A 365 lb OT with lower body injuries in college, awful PFF scores when asked to do true pass protection sets, and a limited college offense, but that's okay because he played in a "ZBS Scheme" is an absolute joke IMO.

or Wirfs,

I think even you COULD talk yourself into Wirfs here because he's at least going to be a really solid OG. It would potentially be an "overdraft", but a D1 potential All Pro RG wouldn't suck.

but hope that Berry and co. trade down for Austin Jackson and/or go in a different route than just staying at 10 and selecting whoever is left out of Becton and Wirfs.

I "mocked" that scenario to us yesterday. We trade back for him, add an additional 2nd Rounder, and come away with him, Raekwon Davis, Winfield, and Biadasz

*Trade back

1st: Jackson

2nd: Winfield

2nd: Davis

3rd: DPJ/Claypool (Cole Kmet is gone IMO)

3rd: Biadasz

That draft doesn't suck IMO

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I "mocked" that scenario to us yesterday. We trade back for him, add an additional 2nd Rounder, and come away with him, Raekwon Davis, Winfield, and Biadasz

*Trade back

1st: Jackson

3rd: DPJ/Claypool (Cole Kmet is gone IMO)

That draft doesn't suck IMO

Or, if you really wanted to, you could do something like this:

*Trade back to 13-15, grab a 3rd and change

13: Wirfs

Trade 2 3rds and change to get back into the 2nd

2nd: Jackson (if he's there)

@Mind Character then you get something like this:

LT: FA or Jackson

LG: Bitonio, Project X

C: Tretter, Biadasz

RG: Wirfs, Hubbard

RT: Conklin, Hubbard

...and that OL is going to MAUL people in a ZBS and be very solid in pass pro.

Some buzz is building about the #Browns trading back and taking OT Ezra Cleveland in round 1. I wondered if it’s ever happened before where a drafted player shared the same name as his team’s city. Per ⁦@NFLResearch it would actually be the fifth(!) time.

I think they really do like Ezra Cleveland.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1250848417141538816

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I think they really do like Ezra Cleveland.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1250848417141538816

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Dane Brugler also mentioned this a week ago that he heard that the Browns really think highly over Ezra. Wouldnt mind it if the gap between Wirfs/Thomas/Cleveland isnt that big

If Thomas or Wills is there I hope thy take them.

If they trade back and take Ezra ducking Cleveland, they’d better be right.  You’ll get zero benefit of the doubt from fans and the compensation had better be significant.

• Like 1

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If they trade back and take Ezra ducking Cleveland, they’d better be right.  You’ll get zero benefit of the doubt from fans and the compensation had better be significant.

His ceiling is Joe Staley.

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The value according to the charts is a 3rd and a 4th. Broncos have three 3rd rounders and it would be pick 77 and 118 to make up the value of #10 and #15

Having physical talent is great, but it’s helpful when you’re actually good at football.

Will he be a good pro?  Maybe.

Was he a great college player.  Absolutely not.

Not saying he can’t be great or there aren’t circumstances that impact his production in college, but taking a H/W/S dude is a day 3 thing, not a thing you should be doing with a first rounder.