College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

16 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Weed is Legal is the league now though right?

In his system at the time of the combine. Before the CBA vote passed. Not that he's in trouble or anything, but poor decision making. 

Edited by Reginaldm9
ea

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Also off topic, but is Jake Fromm the worst QB ever? He never won anything with Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Micole Hardman, Riley Ridley, an NFL defense, and NFL offensive linemen.

Keep in mind Andrew is the RT in this clip as well.

He's Cody Kessler with a better supporting cast. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Also off topic, but is Jake Fromm the worst QB ever? He never won anything with Sony Michel, Nick Chubb, Micole Hardman, Riley Ridley, an NFL defense, and NFL offensive linemen.

Keep in mind Andrew is the RT in this clip as well.

Worst ever?  Nah man, I’ve seen worse, but there’s a lot of questions about his ability to put a team on his back and win.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

All of @Mind Character’s excuses aside, it’s irrelevant for teams in 2020 as it’s not a PED.

It’s weed.  Everyone has an opinion and we’re not able to discuss it here, but as far as moving forward, it’s entirely irrelevant.

No excuses just contextual, actual reality.

And how is it entirely irrelevant when it speaks to decision making quality and capacity.

Everyone knows they are getting a piss test at the combine.

Everyone knows that if you're a top prospect that it will cost you millions of dollars if you fail the piss test.

To then fail said piss test has to be added into the calculus of whether or not an organization is going to be able to trust the quality of decision-making of that person for many years to come along the way paying them millions.

The lack of business awareness or thoughtfulness may (not is necessarily) indicative of an underlying bigger issue.

It's not fatal; it's not everything, but it's absolutely relevant when it comes to bring Becton or whoever into the organization high in the draft.

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

No excuses just contextual, actual reality.

And how is it entirely irrelevant when it speaks to decision making quality and capacity.

Everyone knows they are getting a piss test at the combine.

Everyone knows that if you're a top prospect that it will cost you millions of dollars if you fail the piss test.

To then fail said piss test has to be added into the calculus of whether or not an organization is going to be able to trust the quality of decision-making of that person for many years to come along the way paying them millions.

The lack of business awareness or thoughtfulness may (not is necessarily) indicative of an underlying bigger issue.

It's not fatal; it's not everything, but it's absolutely relevant when it comes to bring Becton or whoever into the organization high in the draft.

And what is the context moving forward?  Literally nothing.

This is irrelevant under the new cba.

51 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Permitted or not it's a sign of the quality of decision-making given the Big Dollar Stakes.

Man Laremey Tunsim is about to be the highest paid tackle in the league 

I don’t think you should pass on Becton because of this especially since it’s going to be legal anyway. 

it’s weed 

I live in California and the Dispensary’s are labeled as essential. Like they’re still open and thriving legally and you can’t get into an Apple store. 

With the new rules weed is such a poor reason to give up on a player. If he’s who they want take him 

Edited by brownie man
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And what is the context moving forward?  Literally nothing.

This is irrelevant under the new cba.

The single best predictor of future behavior/decisions is past behavior/decisions.

The behavior/decision that led to his failed combine test may be indicative of the type of non-thoughful behaviors/decision-making in the future.

It matters. It's relevant.

Now, how much does it matter? How predictive of future behavior/decision quality is it? We don't know and I'm sure teams are trying to figure that out.

We're talking about top 10 in the draft ... future team cornerstones ... and really it matters because Becton is not the only person that the Browns Organization is considering. If the decision between Becton and someone else is close as are many top 10 draft evaluations, it could very well be a meaningful tiebreaker.

18 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man Laremey Tunsim is about to be the highest paid tackle in the league 

I don’t think you should pass on Becton because of this especially since it’s going to be legal anyway. 

it’s weed 

I live in California and the Dispensary’s are labeled as essential. Like they’re still open and thriving legally and you can’t get into an Apple store. 

With the new rules weed is such a poor reason to give up on a player. If he’s who they want take him 

You confuse my comment regarding what I find to be the issue at hand.

It's not that Mekhi Becton smoke's weed.

I don't give a damn about that as I believe the science and history of experiential knowledge is crystal clear regarding the therapeutic and medicinal value of that plant for human beings of all sorts in general, as well as human beings that come from where Becton did being faced with high stress environments, hardship, and traumas.

It has nothing to do with Becton partaking in marijuana usage.

It has everything to do with the fact that 1.) He knew he had an upcoming piss test coming up that millions of dollars could ride on, and 2.) He was either unable or unwilling to plan accordingly to make sure he passed that test to put himself in the best situation.

Those two latter points are the issue and why it matters because it may speak to his capacity to either be able or willing to make quality decisions that take into account his future business, economic, brand, personal, and/or team interests.

And regrading Laremy Tunsil, to my knowledge he did not fail the NFL Combine drug test. That means he was able to plan accordingly. He had someone with sour grapes that knew him leak that video to hurt him financially on draft day. He had no real control over that..

Edited by Mind Character
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

You confuse my comment regarding what I find to be the issue at hand.

It's not that Mekhi Becton smoke's weed.

I don't give a damn about that as I believe the science and history of experiential knowledge is crystal clear regarding the therapeutic and medicinal value of that plant for human beings of all sorts in general, as well as human beings that come from where Becton did being faced with high stress environments, hardship, and traumas.

It has nothing to do with Becton partaking in marijuana usage.

It has everything to do with the fact that 1.) He knew he had an upcoming piss test coming up that millions of dollars could ride on, and 2.) He was either unable or unwilling to plan accordingly to make sure he passed that test to put himself in the best situation.

Those two latter points are the issue and why it matters because it may speak to his capacity to either be able or willing to make quality decisions that take into account his future business, economic, brand, personal, and/or team interests.

And regrading Laremy Tunsil, to my knowledge he did not fail the NFL Combine drug test. That means he was able to plan accordingly. He had someone with sour grapes that knew him leak that video to hurt him financially on draft day. He had no real control over that..

What if smoking weed gave him the experiential knowledge of seeing into the future so he knew the CBA was going to change 🤔  really makes you think

• Like 2