College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

24 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Also rumblings of an Eagles trade up for CeeDee Lamb.  10th pick for 21st their 2nd and 3rd plus a 2021 2nd.  Is that enough to consider a trade down?

If one of Thomas or Wills is on the board, HARD PASS from me.

If they are both gone but an elite talent is there (Brown, Okudah, Simmons), then they'd need to overpay and sweeten the pot, but I'd consider it.

If those elite players are gone and so are those 2-3 top tier OT, then I'd do it.

33 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

If one of Thomas or Wills is on the board, HARD PASS from me.

If they are both gone but an elite talent is there (Brown, Okudah, Simmons), then they'd need to overpay and sweeten the pot, but I'd consider it.

If those elite players are gone and so are those 2-3 top tier OT, then I'd do it.

Thomas will most likely be gone. 

If Wills and Wirfs are both on the board, they’re going to take Wirfs. Don’t shoot the messenger.

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Thomas will most likely be gone. 

If he's not gone, I'll be genuinely shocked. I for the life of me can't understand why he'd be there. He checks almost every box imaginable for a franchise LT.

2 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

If Wills and Wirfs are both on the board, they’re going to take Wirfs. Don’t shoot the messenger.

I'm one of the few that would actually like Wirfs just fine. Even if he's "only" a RG, I think he's a Pro Bowl caliber one, and that right side of the OL would be monstrous with him and Conklin. If somehow we were able to land an average level LT in free agency/the draft, then that OL looks fantastic.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I wonder what they want in compensation. I know they probably want a 1st, but with that severed relationship, that's unlikely.

I'd offer them #41 and #97 for him, while also being willing to go as high as our first 3rd Rounder.

#10: Thomas/Wills/Wirfs

#41: Traded for Adams

3rd: Mims/Claypool, Biadasz, Raekwon Davis, Jack Driscoll

3rd: Traded for Adams

Even if he’s a guard I’m cool with Wirfs if the top tackles are gone. Better than reaching on a position. If he’s every future pro bowl caliber interior lineman, that’s a win. We’d be really strong in the middle of our line, plus Bitonio is going to be on the back nine here in the next couple years. Our one weakness would be a tackle spot, but would be solid at every other starting spot on the offensive line. Then take another swing at tackle later on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I wonder what they want in compensation. I know they probably want a 1st, but with that severed relationship, that's unlikely.

I'd offer them #41 and #97 for him, while also being willing to go as high as our first 3rd Rounder.

Dude.... that would be insane. I wish they had BOB as their HC. 

I bet they want something outrageous like 2 1sts or something right now.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Any word on raekwon’s Knee? I remember something last year about him having arthritis or something. Can’t remember exactly.

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Sign Clowney

Simmons falls to #10

41, and 97 for Adams

4th and Future Pick (4-6) for Trent

Add Clowney, Simmons, Jamal Adams, and Trent Williams!?!?

obviously not going to happen...

Edited by FEARtheELF
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I’d offer 10 but send us their second rounder back

that’d be perfect for them. 

they can go receiver and tackle back to back and we get our safety and can trade up for Ezra if he’s our guy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Dude.... that would be insane. I wish they had BOB as their HC. 

I bet they want something outrageous like 2 1sts or something right now.

Oh, no doubt. I have no idea what the value is, but I can tell you what it SHOULD be. It SHOULD be every bit/more than what Miami got for Fitzpatrick, and that was a 1st. So, you'd figure that they'd want/demand a first and change. That said, after looking at the Nuk situation, it's so hard to gauge what the worth of a player is based upon a fractured relationship with an organization.

If they want a #1, I'd probably walk away, but if we had something like this, I think you have to consider it, or even:

We give:

We get:

Adams

2020 2nd Rounder

We then have 2 2nd's, 2 3rds, fill arguably our biggest void in the S spot with a PROVEN All Pro player, and we have 4 picks to address the OT spots and get other value in return.

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Any word on raekwon’s Knee? I remember something last year about him having arthritis or something. Can’t remember exactly.

I honestly don't know tbh.

I have no idea who this guy is, but worth posting:

I hope that the Patriots get this deal done, the Lions take them to the woodshed, and the Dolphins trade up to #2 for Tua, making that Patriots trade look AWFUL/setting them back.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I have no idea who this guy is, but worth posting:

I hope that the Patriots get this deal done, the Lions take them to the woodshed, and the Dolphins trade up to #2 for Tua, making that Patriots trade look AWFUL/setting them back.

He's a fantasy/draft guy, I don't see any previous sourced material and if I recall correctly he "broke" something a couple weeks ago that was fake. 

That said... Bring me aaaaaaall the chaos.

• Like 2

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

He's a fantasy/draft guy, I don't see any previous sourced material and if I recall correctly he "broke" something a couple weeks ago that was fake. 

That said... Bring me aaaaaaall the chaos.

@freakygeniuskid you ok if I start a "Draft Rumors and News" thread since we are under a week out? I'm not sure where to post all of these tweets.

• Like 1