College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 hour ago, pmk said:

What if smoking weed gave him the experiential knowledge of seeing into the future so he knew the CBA was going to change 🤔  really makes you think

Would only be significant if smoking weed also allowed him to experientially time travel into the past to the moment where he lit up too close in time to the combine start date so he could tell himself "even though the CBA is changed this decision is going to cost you millions of dollars because teams will question your ability to think or whether or not you have serious issues while they wonder why you couldn't just be thoughtful enough to take a few weeks break from weed before the combine to flush your system then start lighting up that sticky icky again after the combine was over like other prospects they are considering drafting that they know smoke weed as well."

🤔  really makes you think.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pmk said:

What if smoking weed gave him the experiential knowledge of seeing into the future so he knew the CBA was going to change 🤔  really makes you think

Lol

@Mind Character

I know what your saying, but it doesn’t even matter now. If weed is his only problem it isn’t a problem anymore so don’t let that be your deciding factor. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I know what your saying, but it doesn’t even matter now. If weed is his only problem it isn’t a problem anymore so don’t let that be your deciding factor. 

Lol smh...

It's not about the weed man. The failed test is a deciding factor when choosing between Becton and alternatives.

I tell you that you're going to be given a test in 3 weeks.

All you have to do to pass the test is not wear the color blue for 3 weeks.

If you pass the test you get 11 to 20 million dollars.. if you fail the test you, you don't get 11 to 20 million dollars.

You wear blue 2 weeks before the test and thus fail the test and don't get the 11 to 20 million dollars.

If I was deciding to hire you or not, the issue is not that you like wearing blue, it's that you were not capable of being mindful enough to not do something when you knew good and well that doing that thing would cost you 11 to 20 million dollars.

@Mind Character

I feel you but you got to understand. You can still be a great HOF level player. And weed is just hard to be away from these guys are kids. 21 22 23. Theyre kids man who love football and usually have friends. It’s hard to just never be around weed and make young mistakes. 

that’s why the interviews are important. Talk to them and make you decision based off that if you think he’s a great player. 

Becton was a hard pass from me before all this. You can’t stay clean when knowing you’re going to be tested, you show up to the combine at 364, and you expect to be handed $20-$30 million Guaranteed? Not to mention major edge protection and lower body injury concerns to go with a college offense that doesn’t translate to an NFL style.

That said, I bet we draft him because history shows we get players in the first round I’m the most vocally against.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Calvin Johnson tested positive for weed at the combine .........

SphericalQuarrelsomeHorsefly-size_restri

You know people pick and choose who to be outraged over 😂

12 hours ago, bruceb said:

Good.

Then maybe he falls and we can get him and assets in a trade down. ;)

Not going to lie, Simmons and trade back up to get Becton would be a home run IMO

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

@Mind Character

I feel you but you got to understand. You can still be a great HOF level player. And weed is just hard to be away from these guys are kids. 21 22 23. Theyre kids man who love football and usually have friends. It’s hard to just never be around weed and make young mistakes. 

that’s why the interviews are important. Talk to them and make you decision based off that if you think he’s a great player. 

Of course a guy can fail the test and still be a great or HOF player.

It's just amongst other good to great alternatives Becton's failed test should imo be the deciding factor in passing on him for the reasons I gave before.

But man ... come on though ... it ain't that hard to stay away from weed for 2 to 3 weeks before the combine for 11 to 15 Million Dollars man...

Tons of people that love love weed have had to take a few weeks break to pass a piss test in their lives and they did so for far less than 15 Million..

In fact, I'm willing to bet probably 40% of combine participants figured out a way to piss clean on the test but they smoke weed and they probably went home the day after the combine and started back on that sticky icky icky as soon as they touched down in their city.

Marijuana is a wonderful plant but ain't worth losing no gosh damn 11- 15  Million Dollars ... hell nah... it ain't that hard to take a quick break ... some of these athletes have such good metabolisms that they can metabolize out the marijuana markers from piss in a week or a week and a half.

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Of course a guy can fail the test and still be a great or HOF player.

It's just amongst other good to great alternatives Becton's failed test should imo be the deciding factor in passing on him for the reasons I gave before.

But man ... come on though ... it ain't that hard to stay away from weed for 2 to 3 weeks before the combine for 11 to 15 Million Dollars man...

Tons of people that love love weed have had to take a few weeks break to pass a piss test in their lives and they did so for far less than 15 Million..

In fact, I'm willing to bet probably 40% of combine participants figured out a way to piss clean on the test but they smoke weed and they probably went home the day after the combine and started back on that sticky icky icky as soon as they touched down in their city.

Marijuana is a wonderful plant but ain't worth losing no gosh damn 11- 15  Million Dollars ... hell nah... it ain't that hard to take a quick break ... some of these athletes have such good metabolisms that they can metabolize out the marijuana markers from piss in a week or a week and a half.

I mean, this was literally my exact stance every year before this.

But if it’s not leading to suspension, it’s really not a concern and shouldn’t cause anyone to lose money.

People didn’t get drafted lower because they looked like an idiot for not being clean, they fell because teams were concerned they would not be able to control their habit and it would eventually impact their availability. 

That’s not a concern any longer.