College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Which chart?

The pick value chart that teams use that assigns point totals to each pick to determine their values in trades.

Browns #10 is worth 1,300 points. Broncos #15 is worth 1,050 points so they need to make up 250 points for equal value. The Broncos 3rd rounder #77 is worth 205 points and #118 is worth 58 points.

So it would take the Broncos #77 (205) and #118 (58) = 258 points to make up the difference in pick #10/#15

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

The pick value chart that teams use that assigns point totals to each pick to determine their values in trades.

Browns #10 is worth 1,300 points. Broncos #15 is worth 1,050 points so they need to make up 250 points for equal value. The Broncos 3rd rounder #77 is worth 205 points and #118 is worth 58 points.

So it would take the Broncos #77 (205) and #118 (58) = 258 points to make up the difference in pick #10/#15

Which chart man, there’s more than one.

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

One could look at it that way.....I look at it that, with SEC school they usually move their premier OT to the left side. At the university Alabama on 2 players (Cam Robinson and Andre Smtih) are the only OT's to start as Fresham at LT, then bit Thomas from UGA (our future LT) started out at RT/RG and then was moved over his Soph year. SEC school usually move their LT's over, from what I've observed. 

yeah its a solid observation, usually every school shifts over their stud RT to LT once the established prior LT moves on. Wills becomes the starting RT at Bama his Sophmore year. The LT on that team was Junior Jonah Willaims, who was a complete stud in college but I was never a fan of him but he became a top15 pick. So there is no reason for Bama to make Wills their starting RT in 2018. Now you go to 2019, Tua is still the QB and you need someone to protect his blindside since he is a lefty. Why move Wills? You dont move him for the sake of moving him. He prolly gets moved if Tue was a righty 

Andre Smith blocked for John Parker Wilson. Righty

Cam Robinson blocked for Sims and Coker, both were righties 

I bet you Andrew Thomas prolly would have started at LT as a freshman if it wasnt for Isaiah Wynn being there. He gets moved the next year cause Fromm was a Right handed QB.

I strongly believe Bama doesnt move Wills to LT because Tua was lefty. Especially when Bama had the history are moving their tackles over. Hell If Cam Robinson can be a LT, Wills could have easily been a LT for Bama. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

John St. Clair

Right?

People love looking at the upside, and I get that, but I’d rather miss on the home run pick that you get every once in a while if it means swinging for contact.

We have a lot of talent already, we don’t need to hit a home run.  What we need is a solid football player to come in and man the LT spot for a decade.  They don’t have to be all world, just competent.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We better not trade down and draft Cleveland. He’s not that good. 

He's an athletic potential pick. If they're drafting him, it's not to start day one, it's to start 2021-2022. I assume an EC pick would be paired with a trade down from #10 to acquire more draft assets and the acquisition of a stop gap LT like Williams or Peters.

7 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

He's an athletic potential pick. If they're drafting him, it's not to start day one, it's to start 2021-2022. I assume an EC pick would be paired with a trade down from #10 to acquire more draft assets and the acquisition of a stop gap LT like Williams or Peters.

I’m 100% against drafting a develop and sit player in the first. Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd but not the first. We have wayyy too many needs. And if we trade for Williams he’s going to be around for more than a year. Especially with the picks it will take to get him. 

21 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’m 100% against drafting a develop and sit player in the first. Maybe in the 2nd or 3rd but not the first. We have wayyy too many needs. And if we trade for Williams he’s going to be around for more than a year. Especially with the picks it will take to get him. 

EC isn't an early first round player. If we're targeting him it's after multiple trade downs from 10 or it's because we have a different target at 10. Nobody is arguing to take him in the 1st. Heck, I don't want to take him at all. I'm just explaining what the rationale is if that's the path they decide to take.

I made an example mock on PFF. Wills, Thomas, and Wirfs all went by #9. So at that point, we don't have an awesome day one starter option no matter what! That's the kind of situation where one of Cleveland, Jones, or Jackson becomes a need.

ktlkLtS.png

9 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Ezra Cleveland kind of rules, and I would only be mad if we trade down with Thomas or Wills on the board (they won’t be). We’ll probably move down to the mid late teens to grab him. Apparently Denver and Atlanta are trying like hell to move up. 

Atlanta is a really interesting team to keep an eye on. They’re being incredibly aggressive from everything I’ve read. I have no idea who they’d want.

They're going to be a super bowl contender next year.

Edited by candyman93

17 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Atlanta is a really interesting team to keep an eye on. They’re being incredibly aggressive from everything I’ve read. I have no idea who they’d want.

Dan Quinn’s gotta put all his chips on the table for next season. My bet would be he wants Henderson or Kinlaw. 

26 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I am hearing them or Denver are going to be the teams for potential trade partners. If Thomas,Okudah, Simmons, and Brown arent there, I am trading down