College Football and NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

I am happy with our offseason no matter what IF we don’t trade OBJ. As of right now, I feel confident we are a better team than last years squad.

Berry has my trust if he trades down in round 1. If he believes Ezra Cleveland is a LT, I’ll give it a chance.

The gap between Thomas and Cleveland is the Grand Canyon. That would be an absurd first round pick. If you really lose out on all those top tackles you’d better go BPA because a great player would be out there. Then you can always make a move up from the second to take Cleveland if you like him that much, which I don’t. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

The gap between Thomas and Cleveland is the Grand Canyon. That would be an absurd first round pick. If you really lose out on all those top tackles you’d better go BPA because a great player would be out there. Then you can always make a move up from the second to take Cleveland if you like him that much, which I don’t. 

I hate the idea of taking Cleveland in the first 🤢

worst case scenario and somehow 3 or 4 tackles are gone by 10, trade back with Atlanta and take josh Jones or take the best player available.

For me, here’s how I breakdown Ezra.

Ezra vs Andrew Thomas = No contest, give me Thomas

Ezra vs Wills = I am not a Wills fan to be honest. I have a bias against Alabama offensive linemen.

Ezra vs Wirfs = I’d rather roll the dice on Wirfs.

Ezra vs Becton = As a player, I like Becton, but his size scares me. I wish he’d lose more weight. I don’t know if he fits a ZBS.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ezra vs Andrew Thomas = No contest, give me Thomas

Thomas has a higher floor, but I think their ceilings are different but practically speaking about the same.

I do not see Thomas as anything more than at best above average.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ezra vs Wills = I am not a Wills fan to be honest. I have a bias against Alabama offensive linemen.

I am not sure Wills ceiling is so much higher as to warrant use of #10 on him.

13 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ezra vs Wirfs = I’d rather roll the dice on Wirfs.

That would be quite a gamble, imho. Too risky for my liking.

21 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Ezra vs Becton = As a player, I like Becton, but his size scares me. I wish he’d lose more weight. I don’t know if he fits a ZBS.

Becton clearly has a much higher ceiling, and arguably a much higher floor.

Think too much is made of his weight as a problem.

Same re his fit in ZBS.

As with all these comparisons, it depends on where you pick them and what is the best use of draft capital.

If it is Ezra via trade down that nets us more round 2 and/or 3 picks, I would be inclined to pass on them all, except maybe Becton.

• Like 1

So which team our we trading down with?  Rumors swirling that both the Broncos at 15 and the Falcons at 16 want to move up. Broncos to draft a WR and Falcons are eyeing either CB or DT.  If it can net us an additional 3rd and 5th are we taking the deal?

31 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why aren't more people raving about the versitility of Uche? He could do so much for our defense 

PFF was just talking about him in their podcast. I haven’t watched much of him. They said he’d be like an Isaiah Simmons of the front seven in terms of being used as a Swiss Army knife. 

Might be a player I’ve got to watch more 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

So which team our we trading down with?  Rumors swirling that both the Broncos at 15 and the Falcons at 16 want to move up. Broncos to draft a WR and Falcons are eyeing either CB or DT.  If it can net us an additional 3rd and 5th are we taking the deal?

Just a 3rd and 5th??? Hell no. You gotta give up a 2nd for that kind of move. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Why aren't more people raving about the versitility of Uche? He could do so much for our defense 

I always forget that he exists. He is awesome though. Dominated as a pass rusher despite not having prototypical size and length. Shows lateral agility and instincts against the run which means he could play SLB without any problems, methinks.

If he's there in the 3rd, we should scoop him up. He is a better version of Genard Avery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Also rumblings of an Eagles trade up for CeeDee Lamb.  10th pick for 21st their 2nd and 3rd plus a 2021 2nd.  Is that enough to consider a trade down?

I believe that works out in a trade chart value. I believe the browns is 1300pts. Eagles 1st 2nd and 3rd for this year would equal to around 1250 so the 2nd next year would put it over 1300

i think it depends. if Thomas Okudah Simmons and Brown are all gone, trade down is fine with me 

Edited by buno67