So I guess Trent Williams must be worth (2) first round picks minimum, right?

aceinthehouse

32 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Says who? I’d be curious to see where you got this information. 

NFL players and coaches who didn't make him  an All Pro.

Also, a big part of being considered "elite" is being reliable. And Williams isn't reliable. Frankly, Williams isn't even the best LT in his division, let alone the NFL.

There's also the issue of PFF not ranking him among the elites at LT for 2018. He was 14th in pass blocking grades amongst tackles last season. 

Edited by Slateman
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Slateman said:

NFL players and coaches who didn't make him  an All Pro.

Also, a big part of being considered "elite" is being reliable. And Williams isn't reliable. Frankly, Williams isn't even the best LT in his division, let alone the NFL.

There's also the issue of PFF not ranking him among the elites at LT for 2018. He was 14th in pass blocking grades amongst tackles last season. 

PFF, not the gospel. The fact is we have 3 of the 5 best LTs in the NFL in the NFC East. That’s just the truth of it.

Edited by turtle28

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

Again, no one else seems to think so except Madden and the fans.

Who's ”no one else?” have you talked to every single football analyst in the USA. The truth is some do, some don't but the fact that he's constantly among the leaders in not giving up sacks in the entire league, is amongst the most athletic LTs to ever play the game and is a great run blocker makes most disagree with your assumptions.

I just saw a graphic that showed he was I think first in the NFL last year in not giving up a sack. I’ll try to find it.

Edited by turtle28

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Via Les Carpenter Of Wapo, Trent won’t be reporting this week and the Redskins have no intention of trading him.

Dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

That’s all, enjoy your day!

If Dan doesn’t understand how much this is hurting the team then he’s simply never going to get it. A first round or hell, even a second round pick helps us more than a guy who doesn’t want to be here anymore. Sigh

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

They won’t trade him there until we play them. After, he’s probably there’s. I would imagine it’s the Pats first round pick and that’s all. 

I was going to say that the Pats might not be able to wait that long, that they’ll have to act quickly if they start seeing Brady take some blindside hits. 

But their next few games are pretty non-threatening from a pass rush standpoint. Kerrigan is easily the best pass-rusher they’ll face in their next 4 games, and he won’t be lined up against the LT anyway. 

They're going to have to do something at LT prior to the 2nd half of the season though — their schedule gets rugged in a real hurry. Right now they’re looking at Korey Cunningham (didn’t make the cut as the Cardinals’ swing tackle) or newly signed veteran Marshall Newhouse starting at LT. That’s not a good thing, even if your QB is a vampire. 

• Like 1

Until I read a report that says their not, my belief is the Patriots are interested. It wouldn't make football sense for them not too be. We all know they have great Football knowledge unlike Bruce and Snyder. The took a chance on AB, but don't want Williams to protect Brady's blindside. I can't buy that until it's confirmed. 

I think SF should be the team to make the trade. Staley is done a probably retires after this year. SF can make a run at the playoffs. Kyle Shannahan would probably love to be back with Williams and their 1st rounder will be better than the Pats who are likely to win the superbowl. I think SF could make wildcard or come up just short of it. so a 1st rounder between 20-26 is better than the 32nd lol

You guys can keep dreaming that we're going to get a first rounder for this guy.  The Redskins have zero leverage to ask for that.  Well, they can, but the other teams negotiating are going to laugh and bring them crashing back down to earth.  You are not getting fair market value for a guy who is refusing to show up and work for you, plain and simple.  Add in all of the injury and suspension history, and it's not happening.  

It's foolish to be holding onto him at this point, because even the conditional third that I think is the most we can get is something that could help the team in the future, certainly more than Williams will with his refusal to return.  But of course, Allen is small mentally and here we are.