Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

My kids dont know because all they want to do is play fortnite all the time.

But what games besides fortnite can be played online without having PSPlus, game fee or whatever it takes?  Got a nephew and cousins in Latin America Id like to be able to play with every now and then.

TIL you can play Fortnite on console without a live subscription service. Thats extremely rare and I had no idea any game offered that capability. 

46 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

TIL you can play Fortnite on console without a live subscription service. Thats extremely rare and I had no idea any game offered that capability. 

So you havent heard of any others? I thought it might be rare. But its the smart move in getting people to play. You should hear my kids talk about it, "So-n-So just got the new 20dollar package thing with .... in it"  Some of their friends use their allowances and get their parents to buy them stuff all the time on there. Its a cash grab to leave it open to all and suck people into playing.

16 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone ever played Until Dawn? Cuphead is excellent and a ton of fun but I don't see it lasting more than a month. Was going to play HZD again but don't know if I want to go through another open world title just yet. Looking for a story driven game

Yep.

Great horror game, great CHYOA game, great narrative, very good cast.

very fun with friends as well if possible I think it has co-op as well though that might be it's like spirtual sequel I forget.

• Like 1

So Flight Simulator 2020. The whole world is the game map. But I'm curious (as this game will help in part to decide which next-gen console I buy)...

Can I go to/fly over any community in the US? For example, can I fly over my midwestern community nobody knows about?

I was really excited when The Crew 2 came out and promoted as being truly coast to coast. But after researching further, finding out it's only the most notable US cities and just backwoods highway inbetween.

Among Us has revitalized my discord group and has made for some awesome moments over the past week. Anyone on here who has it and is interested in playing hmu and ill send you a PM with the discord link. Even if you dont have it, its $5. 

For those who dont know about it, its essentially mafia. 

1 hour ago, Duluther said:

So Flight Simulator 2020. The whole world is the game map. But I'm curious (as this game will help in part to decide which next-gen console I buy)...

Can I go to/fly over any community in the US? For example, can I fly over my midwestern community nobody knows about?

I was really excited when The Crew 2 came out and promoted as being truly coast to coast. But after researching further, finding out it's only the most notable US cities and just backwoods highway inbetween.

It's using a bunch of IRL map data so theoretically you can fly over everything mapped just know you're gonna need a good internet connection to stream in all that data.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:22 PM, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Anyone ever played Until Dawn? Cuphead is excellent and a ton of fun but I don't see it lasting more than a month. Was going to play HZD again but don't know if I want to go through another open world title just yet. Looking for a story driven game

It was a fun one. Man of Medan was good too outside of the glitches 

• Like 1