Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

Playing Mafia 3...

Might be the best storytelling ever in a game. The cutscenes and such are fantastic and well written. The gameplay is not the best. But sheer storytelling helps make up for that. A must play. Driving controls are solid, which after the last 2 games I played (Far Cry 4 and Just Cause 3) is very welcomed.

16 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Playing Mafia 3...

Might be the best storytelling ever in a game. The cutscenes and such are fantastic and well written. The gameplay is not the best. But sheer storytelling helps make up for that. A must play. Driving controls are solid, which after the last 2 games I played (Far Cry 4 and Just Cause 3) is very welcomed.

I love the mafia series but kinda found 3 lacking. Super repetitive (moreso than really any story game I've ever played) and there was so many glitches and weird bits to it like lighting and color and textures of the sky and cars and stuff that looked terrible that it really took me out of it. I'm sure it's been all patched by now but it was really hard to deal with at launch. It was like they didn't test it at all. But all in all it was a decent game and a good animated movie. Mafia wasn't a super appropriate title though since you're anti mafia 

3 hours ago, Tyty said:

I love the mafia series but kinda found 3 lacking. Super repetitive (moreso than really any story game I've ever played) and there was so many glitches and weird bits to it like lighting and color and textures of the sky and cars and stuff that looked terrible that it really took me out of it. I'm sure it's been all patched by now but it was really hard to deal with at launch. It was like they didn't test it at all. But all in all it was a decent game and a good animated movie. Mafia wasn't a super appropriate title though since you're anti mafia 

I had 13.7 gig of download to do before it allowed me to play. Im guessing massive patchwork happened at some point. Because it hardly list anything for added content. Less content added than games like Far Cry 4 which only had a total of 1.3 gig to DL.

I have about 15 hours or so of Horizon: Zero Dawn left so I'll be in the market for something to hold me over until Days Gone is released. Suggestions on what to play?? The games I own now are: FF XV, CoD III, The Witcher 3, HZD, The Last of Us and I feel that's it. Those are the types of games I like. Feel free to give me recommendations. I don't care how long they've been out either. Hell, way I look at it, the older, the cheaper it is lol.  Was thinking of The Fractured: But Whole

Edit: I do not have PSN otherwise I'd be wasting my time playing Rocket League

Edited by JTagg7754

16 hours ago, JTagg7754 said:

I have about 15 hours or so of Horizon: Zero Dawn left so I'll be in the market for something to hold me over until Days Gone is released. Suggestions on what to play?? The games I own now are: FF XV, CoD III, The Witcher 3, HZD, The Last of Us and I feel that's it. Those are the types of games I like. Feel free to give me recommendations. I don't care how long they've been out either. Hell, way I look at it, the older, the cheaper it is lol.  Was thinking of The Fractured: But Whole

Edit: I do not have PSN otherwise I'd be wasting my time playing Rocket League

Fallout 4? My all-time favorite PS4 game. 

7 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Fallout 4? My all-time favorite PS4 game. 

I've never played any of the Fallout series. Is that important or not? I have thought about the Uncharted series but am hesitant for the same reason.

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't realize this was that huge of a game. I always thought it was more linear like TLoU. If it's not important to have played the prior games in the series, this looks like a good choice!

EDIT EDIT: If I do play this and find out the dog dies though, I will get your address and mail you my dog's feces for as long as I'm physically capable to. So if you still suggest this after knowing this info, please specify. Thank you

Edited by JTagg7754

34 minutes ago, JTagg7754 said:

I've never played any of the Fallout series. Is that important or not? I have thought about the Uncharted series but am hesitant for the same reason.

EDIT: Holy crap, I didn't realize this was that huge of a game. I always thought it was more linear like TLoU. If it's not important to have played the prior games in the series, this looks like a good choice!

EDIT EDIT: If I do play this and find out the dog dies though, I will get your address and mail you my dog's feces for as long as I'm physically capable to. So if you still suggest this after knowing this info, please specify. Thank you

No you don't need to know anything about Fallout. It was my first Fallout game too. 

It is definitely a huge game, I have hundreds of hours in it. If you are into the settlement building aspect, you can spend hundreds of hours just doing that. 

I would suggest doing a normal playthrough just to get familiar with the game, and then  switch to Survival difficulty. It makes it a completely different game. I can't play it any other way now.

And don't worry about Dogmeat, he is a champ. :)

• Like 1