Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

32 minutes ago, iPwn said:

Think I’m gonna finally pull the trigger and get a Switch.

Which games should I look into? Solely looking at Nintendo exclusives, as I have a PS4 and XBOne. Mario Kart and Zelda are on the instant buy list. What beyond that though?

Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Splatoon 2, Golf Story, Monster Hunter,  Xenoblade 2.

1 hour ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Mario Odyssey, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Splatoon 2, Golf Story, Fire Emblem Warriors, Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade 2.

FIFY since there is no Monster Hunter game for the Switch. 

Edited by KManX89

11 hours ago, iPwn said:

Think I’m gonna finally pull the trigger and get a Switch.

Which games should I look into? Solely looking at Nintendo exclusives, as I have a PS4 and XBOne. Mario Kart and Zelda are on the instant buy list. What beyond that though?

I actually traded in my Xbox towards my switch and haven’t regretted it. I do miss playing Diablo 3 tho.

I haven’t played Mario kart yet but have heard it’s fun as hell. Zelda is pretty amazing. Mario Odyssey is awesome. The indie games have been extremely popular on the system like Golf story. 

IMO the games will just keep getting better. I think in the beginning developers were unsure about the switch but now with the amazing numbers it has made, they will start coming out with even more games as well. 

Best part is the handheld mode. It’s basically the only way I play it. 

On 8/21/2017 at 10:53 PM, Farsendor1 said:

I don't pay attention to eSports but that is one lame name I can't come up with anything better of course the best I have is competitive gaming.I don't understand they put sports in the name. That is like the largest issue I have with it. 

Marketing, and if there's enough money behind it, it probably will become an olympic sport.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

There's an initial investment, but they have to prove that (the right demographic of) fans will be willing to watch it.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/507491/esports-tournaments-by-number-viewers-global/

Trends say they will. Around 8 million viewers of the LoL Worlds in 2012 compared to 43 million from last year.

26 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

The money is there. Two NFL owners now own professional eSport teams in the US.

2 NBA teams are own a team in NA League of Legends scene now. Golden State Warriors own the new team Golden Guardians and Cleveland Cavaliers own 100 Thieves. Disney is an investor in another. The Yankees bought into Rick Fox's team.

League of Legends championship has larger viewership than the NBA finals. I have no doubts that LOL will continue to be profitable but the Overwatch League raises some huge questions for me. 

My only caution about Zelda: BoTW:

1.   Be prepared to play 60-80 hours minimum to finish the main story barebones. 

2.  If you are a completionist like my 11 year old is - 250 hours.   And still going lol. 

3.  Once you play this game it’s hard to go back to any other action RPG.  Or frankly any game.  That amazing.   Until this game Last of US was unmatched as my all time favorite game.  Now they are neck and neck.  I’ve gamed since Link To The Past and I’ve only played 4 Zelda games not married to them so I don’t say the above lightly.  

Edited by Broncofan

3 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

2 NBA teams are own a team in NA League of Legends scene now. Golden State Warriors own the new team Golden Guardians and Cleveland Cavaliers own 100 Thieves. Disney is an investor in another. The Yankees bought into Rick Fox's team.

League of Legends championship has larger viewership than the NBA finals. I have no doubts that LOL will continue to be profitable but the Overwatch League raises some huge questions for me. 

League is crazier than that. There are 10 North American LoL teams in the pro league.

5 Teams have some kind of involvement with the NBA (Rockets (Clutch Gaming), Warriors (Golden Guardians), Cavs (100 Thieves), Buck's co-owner (Flyquest), and Rick Fox (Echo Fox))

I would say 3 teams are major esports franchises (Cloud 9, Team Liquid, and Optic Gaming).

And the last two are practically the founders of LoL esports in TSM ans CLG. They also aren't shabby overall esports franchises, but I hesistate to call them top.

Although to my knowledge, Team Liquid isn't actually backed by Disney, they share like a commom invester or something.