Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

1 hour ago, packerrfan74 said:

I had heard about Overwatch League but didn't know too much about it. Obviously, eSports are on the come up but I had no idea about that Blizzard Arena they built in LA... or the fact that one of the LA teams is owned by Stan Kroenke and the Boston team is owned by Robert Kraft. Pretty crazy... that LA team is doomed. Poor South Koreans don't know who they signed on with.

Check out the Overwatch thread, I posted the different team skins that will be available.  Also, they're making it to where everyone who owns the game gets a free team skin of their choice and hero.  Really awesome stuff.

8 hours ago, Mossburg said:

I'm gonna repost this from another thread.

I actually think the way all Valve games, Overwatch and Rocket League do loot boxes is great for players and the game and I don't want to see it go. Some games have a designed life of many years and continuous support throughout. I want games like that, and I want to support developers like that. DOTA is easily the best example because there are massive in game shake ups and changes that keep the game fresh and an assload of effort goes into that. I actually want to give those people my money voluntarily because I want to extent the life of this game because it's the highest of quality. I'm even ok with the game not being free like DOTA, so Overwatch is fine as long as you get 100% of the game up front and the game is amazing and doesn't die after a few months (like all EA garbage). When a developer works hard to establish a loyal community by providing them immense value up front and then maintaining that quality for years, I hope they have loot boxes because they deserve to be financially rewarded. I will voluntarily part with my money because they have established so much goodwill that I feel they deserve it. Plus if there's an active pro scene, I want to support that too, so I will buy your fancy ticket thing for $10 with X amount of % going to the player prize pool. But companies like EA don't understand that the primary goal is to deliver the value up front through top tier quality and earn loyalty, they just want to eff your wallet on the first date.

Despite my earlier hyperbolic post, Overwatch lootboxes don't really bother me. They're a good implementation of them. 

Just now, Supersuavesky said:

It was with fans choosing the direction. Just like they did with Until Dawn.

I need to watch it. But I should be fair in saying that is my general philosophy with games nowadays lol. I've been burned by other people enjoying a game that I just don't enjoy. I do want to try it. 

I feel like the hype for Detroit: Become Human has died down a lot, at least for me.  When they first showcased the game at E3 two years ago, it looked superb.  Now, so much time has passed that I don't really care anymore.  Don't get me wrong, I will be purchasing the game - but I just don't have that huge desire to play it like I did when it was shown a few years ago.

I don't think it's weird at all. It's pretty simple to figure out especially watching the other two trailers. 

An asteroid or something similar impacted earth and wiped out most of all life, and introduced an alien organism/disease to the planet in the process. Mix in Del Toro's lovecraft influence (which is obvious and in some cases almost directly ripped from two stories in particular) and it's pretty easy to gleam what the themes of the game are meant to be after you watch it.

It's visually weird, but that's for a reason.