Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

46 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

I'm assuming the fact that it says the 2nd and 3rd games have to be downloaded instead of being on the disk.

The 1st game must be bloody massive for it to take up the whole disk.

7 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Could anyone help? The sound in my COD game just stopped working. System itself works fine and other games run fine. Cod doesn’t have any sound except during campaign videos where the soldiers are actually talking. No sound on the main screen or during action play including zombies 

Did you try turning it off and on again 

5 hours ago, KManX89 said:

Here's some rather "unsettling" news for those of you who were looking to buy the Spyro Reignited Trilogy:

kZQqHCC.jpg

Yup, this game's officially off my radar now. Activi$ion's on a roll this year. 

Activi$ion? Lol. Are you under the impression game 2&3 cost extra?

2 hours ago, showtime said:

Why is that a big deal, though?  I don't get it.

Well, for one, when the servers one day close, it means they're gone forever because, you know, you don't actually own the things you buy digitally unlike a physical copy, which is yours to keep forever (or trade/sell it if you see fit).

And what if you don't have internet and buy physically? You're basically spending $40 for one (20-year-old) game. And if your internet is slow for whatever reason (location/affordability)? God help you with those insanely slow downloads. 

There's also the case of people expecting the full game on the disc they bought, not a third. This isn't like the MMXL Collection Switch situation, we're talking discs here, which are much cheaper to store data.

45 minutes ago, KManX89 said:

Well, for one, when the servers one day close, it means they're gone forever because, you know, you don't actually own the things you buy digitally unlike a physical copy, which is yours to keep forever (or trade/sell it if you see fit).

And what if you don't have internet and buy physically? You're basically spending $40 for one (20-year-old) game. And if your internet is slow for whatever reason (location/affordability)? God help you with those insanely slow downloads. 

There's also the case of people expecting the full game on the disc they bought, not a third. This isn't like the MMXL Collection Switch situation, we're talking discs here, which are much cheaper to store data.

I wouldn't be surprised if the game download for this is not that big.  But that is seriously going to stop you from buying the game?  I don't really think it's that big of a deal.  It's not like this game is 90GB in size and would be a pain the butt to download for most people.

4 hours ago, KManX89 said:

I feel like there's either a misunderstanding here, or you're really overreacting about something there. For that to matter, you'd basically need Microsoft or Sony to go under as gaming companies in some way that no one would find it profitable to maintain their store and network. This isn't like a multiplayer game, where that game may have dedicated servers for multiplayer matches, and as people stop playing it, that company may choose to use those servers for something else and stop online play for that game. Like, this would be a fear with a Blizzard game, for instance, where once the online multiplayer gets shut down someday, it just isn't a game anymore. Or a COD style game that's basically all multiplayer. But the download doesn't rely on the servers of the game developer, and doesn't need a server tied specifically to that game. It's just hosted on the store as downloadable. Those servers aren't closing until the Microsoft or Playstation store close entirely, and at that point, there's not much use to those consoles anyway. If Activision shuts down, or stops caring about the Spyro trilogy, people can still download that game if they buy it. Somewhat obscure reference, but take a game like Wipeout HD. 10 year old game on a defunct console, made by a now closed studio with no maintained multiplayer servers, but you can still go to the Playstation store and download it. If....for some reason you wanted to. Like, you're talking either a long time or a drastic shift in market for the game to not be downloadable for that reason.

And besides, let's be honest here. Gaming is, at this point, an industry where it's just assumed you have the internet. It's such a small minority that has no or even very poor internet access. This is outrage about something that has been a steady growing trend for a decade now. Online only games, multiplayer heavy game design, day 1 patches. The whole industry is now built around the idea that gamers have internet access. What ridiculously small fraction of the market are gamers with no internet access buying physical copies of a remastered collection of a PS2 game?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, skywindO2 said:

I'm really excited for the new Tomb Raider game. 

Same. My plan was to play loads of Madden until Red Dead 2 came out then get that, and pick up Tomb Raider whenever next year sometime. But I'm so keen for some Tomb Raider right now I might just have to get it on release date.

Wasn't a massive fan of the 2013 reboot but Rise was really, really good I thought.

• Like 1

On 8/3/2018 at 2:32 PM, RJ_11 said:

Same. My plan was to play loads of Madden until Red Dead 2 came out then get that, and pick up Tomb Raider whenever next year sometime. But I'm so keen for some Tomb Raider right now I might just have to get it on release date.

Wasn't a massive fan of the 2013 reboot but Rise was really, really good I thought.

I'm a huge fan of both of them. I really liked Rise but would have liked some more tombs and puzzle areas in the second one.