Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

13 hours ago, jonu62882 said:

I don't see a thread for the new Assassin's Creed (Odyssey).  Is it worth it?  Anybody play it?

My buddy got about 6 copies a week early so i've played some. Did you like Origins and want more of that with small improvements to all of the mechanics? That's pretty much Odyssey. Well worth it if you play the whole game. I'm 40 hours in and it feels like I've barely touched what can be done. 

On 10/2/2018 at 6:09 PM, jonu62882 said:

I don't see a thread for the new Assassin's Creed (Odyssey).  Is it worth it?  Anybody play it?

I love it so far. But, I've perfected every AC game since 1, so I'm not going to be your most objective source on AC games.

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider the other day. Good (not great) game but the ending to it was supposed to be the culmination of a three-game series where she finally becomes the Tomb Raider... and it really didn't feel like that.

6 hours ago, RJ_11 said:

Finished Shadow of the Tomb Raider the other day. Good (not great) game but the ending to it was supposed to be the culmination of a three-game series where she finally becomes the Tomb Raider... and it really didn't feel like that.

Yeah I agree although I still enjoyed the game quite a bit. Even though Laura basically fights off an army on her own it didnt feel like she reached a level any different from the first two games. I cant say I mind that necessarily because I dont want her to be more of a one man wrecking crew than she already is. 

I still enjoyed the game but honestly had forgotten I had preordered the game and probably will wait for a couple months after the next one comes out to get it. I enjoy the story but not long enough to justify spending a ton of money on it. 

1 hour ago, LeeEvans said:

Yeah I agree although I still enjoyed the game quite a bit. Even though Laura basically fights off an army on her own it didnt feel like she reached a level any different from the first two games. I cant say I mind that necessarily because I dont want her to be more of a one man wrecking crew than she already is. 

I still enjoyed the game but honestly had forgotten I had preordered the game and probably will wait for a couple months after the next one comes out to get it. I enjoy the story but not long enough to justify spending a ton of money on it. 

The game is not as good as the first two, but since it was a different developer, it was still good enough that I'm excited to see where the next trilogy goes.