Random Game Talk (are you really a gamer if you aren't playing BG3?)

skywindO2

6 hours ago, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

I've beat Far Cry 5 and played The Outer Worlds. The Outer Worlds was made by I think the Fallout New Vegas team? I can't quite remember how they are related, but the game is very fallout like. Since FO4 is a favorite of yours, that might a good choice.

The only reason to play Far Cry 5 is if you want a mindless shooter with things to do. Story and characters are kinda of just... weird. 

Take my word with a grain of salt since I haven't actually played it, but I'd lean towards Ghosts lol. Maybe The Outer Worlds if you are a huge fan of Fallout. Though I will say, Far Cry might be the most forgiving in terms of leaving the games for months and coming back to it because it's just mindless shooting the whole time.

Yeah, The Outer Worlds was made by the guys who were in the original Fallout team which is why I'm leaning that way. Good info about FC. I've never played those games before but heard they're a bunch of fun. When I play games, I play them solely until I'm done lol. Coming back to it probably wouldn't happen. Only game I've played again was The Last of Us and that was only to prep me for the sequel.

Ghosts is my top choice right now but I'm curious what others have to say. I don't hate mindless stuff by any means. One of my favorite games I've ever played we Dying Light which was a meh story and just running around finding creative ways to kill zombies. At night though, whew, that was a damn rush!

Thanks for chiming in!

16 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Need help deciding my next. 

I love open world RPG titles and don't care for anything online. Sometimes I spend so much time away from the main story of open world games and forget the plot.... but it's fun to just do whatever, whenever I want. 

I've got 3 games in mind but I'm guessing they're less massive than my favorites (HZD, RDR2, Fallout 4, Days Gone etc) so maybe this is what I'm needing 

Which would y'all suggest:

Far Cry 5

Ghosts of Tsushima

The Outer Worlds

All other suggestions are welcomed. I'm thinking Valhalla will be after. Not sure if I want to do two massive games back to back again. 

Outer Worlds 100 percent.

game is so fun :)

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 1:43 AM, sjfja_fkdldjs said:

Bought a new Switch a bit ago, but only played it today. the battery on the controller is going to drive me insane lol. I switched to wired for a reason lol.

I learned it’s important to keep your Switch docked and the controller batteries connected to the Switch and the dock plugged in when you’re done.