What NFL hill are you willing to die on?

Bolts223

Just now, Howler said:

Arm strength is overrated in the grand scheme. Most throws are short to intermediate.

See, this is just misguided. Arm strength is more about velocity than how far you can heave it. And velocity very much matters on short-to-intermediate throws. Just ask Peyton Manning.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Starless said:

See, this is just misguided. Arm strength is more about velocity than how far you can heave it. And velocity very much matters on short-to-intermediate throws. Just ask Peyton Manning.

But some scouts are so fixated on arm strength that they totally eliminate prospects with potential. Take for example for someone like Ryan Finley, who tumbled down the draft boards, because his arm strength and other glamor variables weren't up to par. They are so worried about what a prospect can't do, as opposed to what a player can do well.

Edited by Howler

Champ Bailey was better than Dion Sanders. Drag me.

23 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Nobody is ever going to change my mind on Tebow.  He could have been a great one if Elway had kept him and let him sit behind Payton for a few years.  Instead, Elway is going to be rolling with what's left of Joe Flacco this season.

Tebow would have been turning 30 years old by the time he took over for Peyton. Dont know how many players turn into a franchise QB at that age. Plus, I loved Tebow (one of the most exciting and memorable seasons of football I have ever watched) but he was just not a good QB. He won because of his ability to just do barely enough with his arm and fool people with his running. His style of play was not sustainable and after 3 years in the NFL his throwing ability never improved. It was the right call cutting the leash as painful as it was.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

Just now, JustAnotherFan said:

I'll gladly do so for making such a remark....

The Bears would have had a SB ring in the early 2000's if they had not traded for Cutler.

Yes, they definitely would have won a ring between 2000 and 2005 if they hadn't traded for a quarterback in [checks notes] 2009.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Yes, they definitely would have won a ring between 2000 and 2005 if they hadn't traded for a quarterback in [checks notes] 2009.

It was typo. I meant 2010's.

Thought by naming Cutler would have been obvious but I guess not.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I'll gladly do so for making such a remark....

The Bears would have had a SB ring in the early 2000's if they had not traded for Cutler.

lol hey man, there is a reason this is a essentially a unpopulat opinion thread. Still doesnt make me wrong :ph34r:

And to your point about the Bears--they didnt really have another option and Cutlers future at the time was still extremely bright. I remember how ecstatic my Bears friends were when they got Cutler it was like they won the lottery

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol hey man, there is a reason this is a essentially a unpopulat opinion thread. Still doesnt make me wrong :ph34r:

And to your point about the Bears--they didnt really have another option and Cutlers future at the time was still extremely bright. I remember how ecstatic my Bears friends were when they got Cutler it was like they won the lottery

It's your opinion on Bailey and I respect it. But you won't find many who would agree.

Then your Bears friends didn't notice how very average he looked in Denver despite having a #1 receiver, a top TE, and one the of best OL's in the league.

Fast forward to Chicago. We had ZERO WR's, a broken OL, and an aging defense who's best players were getting old.

Most Bears fans were enamored by his 4000 yards but never took the time to figure out just HOW he got those yards.

Edited by JustAnotherFan

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

It's your opinion on Bailey and I respect it. But you won't find many who would agree.

Then your Bears friends didn't notice how very average he looked in Denver despite having a #1 receiver, a top TE, and one the of best OL's in the league.

Fast forward to Chicago. We had ZERO WR's, a broken OL, and an aging defense who's best players were getting old.

So if the situation in Chicago was so bad what makes you think they would've won a ring in the early 2010's when you had the Packers in your division who were a gigantic powerhouse during that time?

• Like 1