What NFL hill are you willing to die on?

Bolts223

Just now, thebestever6 said:

How who the heck could they argue over Williams? Young absolutely not, Bush no. Cutler in a trade down makes sense in an argument and kubiaks offense he would have fit it.

In Texas, Vince Young can do no wrong. To this day, there are UT alumni who feel as if Young would have better suited in his hometown, working with Kubiak. 

Nevermind that every single bad influence in his life is from Houston and he'd probably crash harder here than in Tennessee. I mean, he beat USC for the National Title! 

Only thing worse than this argument is the Johnny Manziel arguments with A&M alumni...

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

In Texas, Vince Young can do no wrong. To this day, there are UT alumni who feel as if Young would have better suited in his hometown, working with Kubiak. 

Nevermind that every single bad influence in his life is from Houston and he'd probably crash harder here than in Tennessee. I mean, he beat USC for the National Title! 

Only thing worse than this argument is the Johnny Manziel arguments with A&M alumni...

Young would of failed wherever he went he was too immature in hindsight. I thought he was extraordinary in that title game and bought in more than anyone at that time. Especially over Hollywood life of the party Matt Leinart. 

Hiring his uncle as his agent, spending habits, him getting too big too quick, and his Houston influences all contributed to his downfall.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thebestever6 said:

Young would of failed wherever he went he was too immature in hindsight. I thought he was extraordinary in that title game and bought in more than anyone at that time. Especially over Hollywood life of the party Matt Leinart. 

Hiring his uncle as his agent, spending habits, him getting too big too quick, and his Houston influences all contributed to his downfall.

Absolutely, and it would have been magnified in Houston. EVERYONE would give him a pass for his behavior, and nobody would care he's perpetually going 4-12... because Longhorns.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ET80 said:

I don't see this as a terrible thing, unless I'm in some 70/30 run/pass type offense, and RB is getting 400+ carries plus 40+ receptions. 

Ultimately, I don't call what you're describing above as a RBBC. You have a three down back, but you need to spell him at times just to give him a breather - that isn't a timeshare as I define it.

Belly has a timeshare, with a guy out there who only catches passes, a guy who runs it between the Ts, a guy who runs outside the Ts, a goal line guy... that's an RBBC, IYAM.

It's always important to be able to keep your RB fresh for the entire game and season.Mike Tomlin has never been able to do that and it's very frustrating ... Tomlin has shortened the Willie Parker's career in his first season and has never learned from that since!

9 hours ago, SwoleXmad said:

Tell me how Nick Foles is any different save for the media coverage. 

Maybe the 27-7 in his last 34 games outside of the Jeff Fisher horror show  (or 31-14 if you count St Louis)

If your argument is how is 34-14 any different from 4-20 then the answer is :  DUH

Edited by SkippyX

28 minutes ago, Elky said:

Dan Marino is the most overrated player in history.

He had 4 years of brilliance to start and then he had a 13 year Hall of Fame level career after that 

• When he retired he had a 78 TD pass and just under 10k yard lead on anyone else who ever played QB.

I don't think he is the GoaT or even top 3, but he's definitely top 10 in my opinion.

He yelled at his teammates a lot, so that may have hurt his overall team success.

Edited by SkippyX

9 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

He had 4 years of brilliance to start and then he had a 13 year Hall of Fame level career after that 

• When he retired he had a 78 TD pass and just under 10k yard lead on anyone else who ever played QB.

I don't think he is the GoaT or even top 3, but he's definitely top 10 in my opinion.

He yelled at his teammates a lot, so that may have hurt his overall team success.

I think they deserved it. It's a crime he doesn't have any SBs. He's arguably the best passer of all time.

3 hours ago, ET80 said:

Mario Williams was a better pick than Reggie Bush or Vince Young in 2006. Yes, I still get into arguments about this.

Williams had 39.5 sacks in his first 4 years.

Khalil Mack had 40.5

Offensive lines were allowed to practice way more back then and were generally better in pass protection. (32.4 sacks on average in '08 vs 40.0 in '18)

Mario Williams was a very good player and the best of those top 3. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think they deserved it. It's a crime he doesn't have any SBs. He's arguably the best passer of all time.

It was a crime how he played in the 84 Super Bowl and the 85 AFCCG.

He had more than a little to do with not having a ring.

20-48 for 248 with 2 TDs 2 picks and a fumble at home in the AFCCG is just bad.

They had already beaten the Bears that year and Marino failed to get to the rematch.

The 2nd half of the 94 playoff game against the Chargers was some really bad luck (SD had the ball for the first 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter and Stoyanovich missed a game winner)

I can't think of much more that was over the top bad fortune for him.

The Hall of Fame voters are a disgrace for not voting TO in first ballot.

Larry Fitzgerald is not a top 5 WR all time.

Randy Moss had bad WR fundamentals and it's a joke he's viewed above Jerry Rice by some. Even though he is the 2nd best WR ever.

• Like 1