What NFL hill are you willing to die on?

Bolts223

The 2018 Bears were the 2017 Jaguars, and their regular season record was a product of an unusually easy schedule on a team that had unusually few injuries and went all for 2018 at the expense of the future.

Trubisky isn’t as bad as Bortles and I doubt their character is as low as the Jaguars, so I don’t see a total implosion, but I do expect them to pretty quickly regress to the mean.

4 hours ago, SkippyX said:

This is complete garbage. Tarkenton was a scrambler who completed about 55% of his passes in NY.

• Some dudes throwing a few screen passes and flares does not make it the WCO.

Walsh evolved the WCO from concepts, formations, and schemes that they were using in Cincy 1971 under Paul Brown with Virgil Carter leading the league in completion % at 62.2.

• By 1974 Ken Anderson was leading the league at 64.9%

Tarkenton was at 54.1% in 1967 NY. He peaked at 58.5%.

• If it was WCO/ short pass for control then that Hall of Fame QB was an absolute dumpster fire.

Tarkenton ran a forerunner of the WCO in Minnesota. Bud Grant had this to say about Walsh:

"You talk about the West Coast Offense," Grant said, "When we had Tarkenton here, that's exactly what we were doing -- short passing, dumping the ball to Foreman in the flat. Jerry Burns was doing that before Bill Walsh ever got in the business of doing it. Bill Walsh knew the value of having a PR department to put out his stuff. So your question is, does that bother me? No, it doesn't. It would bother me if it represented dollars or something. But it doesn't -- it represents ego. I could live with more dollars, but I can't live with more ego."

Edited by 7DnBrnc53

I don’t think there is a team in sports history that has been living off ONE title like the 85 bears do. You would think the bears of that mid to late 80’s was a dynasty.

What’s funny is the redskins and giants of that era won more superbowls but don’t get half the publicity. The 91 Redskins and 86 Giants are all time great single season teams just like the bears are but aren’t worshipped in the media the same way

• Like 1