Other Games/Teams Thread

TitanLegend

28 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Can you imagine Corey Davis acting the way Stefon Diggs is? Complaining and throwing his helmet and everything.

One if the reasons I think Vrabel is a good coach ia because I don't think we will ever have to deal with that persona on our roster. I don't think Vrabel's personality allows for players like this on our team to exist. That fire would be out out before it could ever start.

I think Tannehill's vocal enough as a leader to help with this as well.

I think it has more to do with the fact that Davis doesn't have that me-first mentality. Also, he's not the superstar that Diggs is, so cameras and announcers won't focus on him if and when he might show signs of that behavior. 

Players have their frustrations. It's hard to control them all the time, especially in the middle of the game, especially a playoff one. Sometimes it's even best to let them manifest some of their emotions, if it's not turning destructive. Wasn't Delanie showing some frustrations earlier in the year?

16 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that Davis doesn't have that me-first mentality. Also, he's not the superstar that Diggs is, so cameras and announcers won't focus on him if and when he might show signs of that behavior. 

Players have their frustrations. It's hard to control them all the time, especially in the middle of the game, especially a playoff one. Sometimes it's even best to let them manifest some of their emotions, if it's not turning destructive. Wasn't Delanie showing some frustrations earlier in the year?

I didn't mean to say Corey Davis was that type of person. Was just using any player as an example 

I don't remember any on-field frustrations like this. I remember some quesitonable reaponses in interviews that sounded like he was frustrated.

I certainly dont remember anyone throwing their helmet 10 yards into the sideline as they were coming off the field.

Frustrated after a loss? That's fine. 

Throwing a hissy on the sideline when you're only down 4 in the second quarter because you're not getting the ball? That's not fine.

I didn’t see it but players complain act frustrated all the time only normally they are better at “hiding” their emotions so the fans don’t notice. I have no problem with him getting upset but he needs to learn to control it so he doesn’t “show up” his coach and teammates 

oh to be Saints fan.  Got a stupid rule out to appease the robbery of last years saints loss.    Minny scores a TD to win the game in OT on a play with a blatent offensive pass interference call not made and not reviewed.  

On replay you could clearly see the receiver extend his arm pushing away the defender seconds before catching the ball in the end zone   The play wasn’t even reviewed and being OT the coach couldn’t challenge 

31 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I didn't mean to say Corey Davis was that type of person. Was just using any player as an example 

I don't remember any on-field frustrations like this. I remember some quesitonable reaponses in interviews that sounded like he was frustrated.

I certainly dont remember anyone throwing their helmet 10 yards into the sideline as they were coming off the field.

Frustrated after a loss? That's fine. 

Throwing a hissy on the sideline when you're only down 4 in the second quarter because you're not getting the ball? That's not fine.

I think there were clips of him on the field, throwing his hands up in sign of frustration, but I could be wrong. Obviously not nearly as bad as Diggs, but then again, I think this speaks more of the players themselves and their personalities. Thielen, for example, who also has spoken out earlier in the year expressing some frustrations, hasn't shown anything similar to Diggs' on field behavior, and it's not like he was a very big part of the offense at that point either. Certain players will react a certain way to things, that's all that I'm saying. 

4 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I think there were clips of him on the field, throwing his hands up in sign of frustration, but I could be wrong. Obviously not nearly as bad as Diggs, but then again, I think this speaks more of the players themselves and their personalities. Thielen, for example, who also has spoken out earlier in the year expressing some frustrations, hasn't shown anything similar to Diggs' on field behavior, and it's not like he was a very big part of the offense at that point either. Certain players will react a certain way to things, that's all that I'm saying. 

I'm not against Thielen saying something out of frustration in the locker room earlier in the season when the offense wasn't working. Players should be frustrated after a loss. As you said, that is nowhere near the same level as what Diggs was doing today.

I agree that it's part of the player, but I also think that certain leaders recognize that type of behavior on the field, in the middle of a very close game, is detrimental to winning and they squash it before those type if personalities are allowed to grow.

37 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I'm not against Thielen saying something out of frustration in the locker room earlier in the season when the offense wasn't working. Players should be frustrated after a loss. As you said, that is nowhere near the same level as what Diggs was doing today.

I agree that it's part of the player, but I also think that certain leaders recognize that type of behavior on the field, in the middle of a very close game, is detrimental to winning and they squash it before those type if personalities are allowed to grow.

Yeah, I don't know, I thing getting in someone's face who is in the middle of throwing a fit like that can also do more harm than good, and I think handling a personality like that requires much more diplomacy than confrontation. I like Cousins and I think Zimmer is definitely the type of coach that values and looks to maintain discipline. I don't blame either for Diggs acting like a spoiled child like that, in the middle of a playoff game.

1 minute ago, TitanLegend said:

A tip of the cap to Mularkey for getting us back to the playoffs and getting our first playoff win since 2003.

wish he just had a bit more adaptability in him. he could've been a genuinely good coach, and the players loved him. but yeah, respect for getting us out of the basement of the NFL.

• Like 2