Week 1 Games

Leader

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

I have been on RZ all day other than to watch Murray suck for a while. Like everything was crap today. Even close games felt ugly.

Tonight should be fun though

I think Murray's going to be a huge bust. Looks like a 5'7" running back trying to play QB. Just his first game but I really don't see the appeal. 

A Twitter thread:

Lambeau Field Issues in a microcosm: I attended a game in the early 1990's. It was a few years after the now omnipresent funk-sting "GO PACK GO" was introduced (which I despised). During the game, a guy in the section next to me turned around and started leading a "Go Pack Go"

Quickly, our section joined in, and slowly, but methodically, it spread throughout the stadium--an organic, "wave" of a chant. The guy looked thrilled as he heard the voices fill in around the field. He had done it, and we'd started it with him. It was really cool.

And then, predictably, before the chant had reached all the way around the stadium, the guys up in the booth started the funk-sting, and the organic rhythm of the chant was silenced, and we all fell in to line, repeating the chant after the music, and we all stopped when it did.

There's no opportunity anymore for those kinds of organic things to develop. Music is blared between every play. Every timeout is filled with commercials we could watch on our TV at home. We chant what we are told to chant. We cheer because our beer bottle finished first.

If you REALLY want to change the culture at Lambeau Field, then the Lambeau booth needs to stop thinking all we want is to be passively entertained and led. This has abetted the decline of the loud, passionate fan base we once had.

6 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Prescott is just spreading the ball around with ease. How come our passing game can't look this easy? Guys are always open, no hard throws at all. Meanwhile our passing game looked like McCarthy never left. Dak 3 TD's  three different receivers.

They're playing at home versus the Giants. We played on the road against the Bears. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think Murray's going to be a huge bust. Looks like a 5'7" running back trying to play QB. Just his first game but I really don't see the appeal. 

I think so too but he was amazing in college and did some really wild stuff.

Watching Murray walk some pre-draft red carpet event, I could barely believe what I was seeing. He was the shortest person there - women included for the most part. I was shocked. Disbelief. Generational talent my azz was my first thought.

Edited by cannondale

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Never believed in the little munchkin. 5'7 ain't gonna cut it in this league.

Edited by St Vince

12 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Prescott is just spreading the ball around with ease. How come our passing game can't look this easy? Guys are always open, no hard throws at all. Meanwhile our passing game looked like McCarthy never left. Dak 3 TD's  three different receivers.

Dont discount the fact the NYGs suck.

4 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Watching Murray walk some pre-draft red carpet event, I could barely believe what I was seeing. He was the shortest person there - women included for the most part. I was shocked. Disbelief. Generational talent my azz was my first thought.

Maybe it would help if we played the Giants who do not actually have Fuller, Akukamara, Mack, Hicks, Floyd, Smith, Jackson and I could keep going.