2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Another big issue with Corbett, aside from guys at other positions, is we passed on guys like Hernandez and Daniels who went shortly after who play the same position and have been far better.

Unless there’s an injury, you really need to land a solid starter at a minimum if you’re spending a top 40 pick on IOL.

Yeah,  its not like no one knew about Hernandez either, or the tackle from texas who is doing ok for the cowboys.

It was a huge miss.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

I dont think many people had leonard that high, but sutton or soemone else should of been considered. 

If we took sutton, we keep our 1 and jabrill peppers, probably dont draft Callaway in the 4th, we are in a much better spot. 

It would of been an extra win or two 

Yeah I remember screaming at the TV thinking we NEEDED to take Sutton, or Landry, or Williams.

I didn't even know who Corbett was.  It was a bad pick then, its a bad pick now...

• Like 1

Just now, CBrownsman said:

Yeah I remember screaming at the TV thinking we NEEDED to take Sutton, or Landry, or Williams.

I didn't even know who Corbett was.  It was a bad pick then, its a bad pick now...

Not gonna even BS, I had to google him.

With Zeitler and Bitonio and Tretter I didn’t waste a moment “studying film” (reading TDN and asking @Mind Character @pnies20 and @MSURacerDT55 what I think) IOL.

After googling him, I wished I hadn’t.

Late round pics require some acumen fo sho, but a casual fan coulda made that pick that year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

With Zeitler and Bitonio and Tretter I didn’t waste a moment “studying film” (reading TDN and asking @Mind Character @pnies20 and @MSURacerDT55 what I think) IOL.

Late round pics require some acumen fo sho, but a casual fan coulda made that pick that year.

Exactlly!  I was convinced the only thing we weren't taking in that draft was interior linemen.  When we picked him I was like "wait...please say hes a RT!  OG we don't need with virtually a 1st round pick?!?!?!?!"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CBrownsman said:

Exactlly!  I was convinced the only thing we weren't taking in that draft was interior linemen.  When we picked him I was like "wait...please say hes a RT!  OG we don't need with virtually a 1st round pick?!?!?!?!"

The icing on the cake is they thought he was a tackle 😬 

Literally everyone had him pegged as an IOL... but us.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I drank the kool-aid and held out hope but I had will Hernandez as the BPA (among a few other players: I liked Christian Kirk, Dallas Goedert and Gesicki a lot).

Edited by pnies20

23 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What would the complexion of Dorsey be if he took someone other than Corbett who is at least a solid contributor?

It's a great question because 1 draft pick has the ability to re-frame the track record of a GM.

We intuitively understand how critical draft picks are when it comes to Quarterbacks, but those high 2nd round picks can make or break perceptions on a GM as well.

The trickle down effects have major effects as well. If we had Courtland Sutton out there with Jarvis Landry and Odell Beckham, could our offense have made a few more critical third downs?; could it have changed the ability to double or play certain coverage?; could it have given Baker a cleaner passing picture? 

We could be sitting here with 8 or 9 or 10 wins and Freddie and Dorsey still being employed.

It's kind of wild

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

What would the complexion of Dorsey be if he took someone other than Corbett who is at least a solid contributor?

Excellent question. Dorsey almost worked out here. Most would agree that if he has a few more things go his way that we'd be having a different convo. Honestly, Freddie was his biggest mistake. The entire team was wrong this last season.

41 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

I wish pat freiermuth was a junior. If we d8nt upgrade TE this year he’s gonna be one of my guys next year.

You need to stop hanging around high schools. That's creepy, but you openly talking about waiting for them to be "old enough"...😬😯

Edited by NudeTayne
and tight ends...Greta says shame on you
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Excellent question. Dorsey almost worked out here. Most would agree that if he has a few more things go his way that we'd be having a different convo. Honestly, Freddie was his biggest mistake. The entire team was wrong this last season.

You need to stop hanging around high schools. That's creepy, but you openly talking about waiting for them to be "old enough"...😬😯

The browns fans are suffering!!! Jimmy Haslam you have taken my childhood from me!!! How dare you!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

The browns fans are suffering!!! Jimmy Haslam you have taken my childhood from me!!! How dare you!!!

This. Also, extremely high level forum avy 👀.

Edited by NudeTayne
but still needs more exclamation points on the outrage

• 2 weeks later...