2020/2021 - The 55: Roster Talk & Team-Building Analysis

Mind Character

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't hate it. If Williams could come in and help fix our run defense woes, then I'll be happy. I just think we could probably better spend that money elsewhere.

Definitely fair. We could probably get a better deal on someone.

Would anybody else happily take Danny Shelton back for about $4mil-$5mil a year?

5 minutes ago, braylon said:

I think Larry O >> Leo and I believe their contracts will reflect that. I think Sheldon Richardson is gone after next year.. Which is part of the reason I'm interested in the DT market.

I think you’d better start looking at rookies tbh.

When Sheldon is cut, they’re gonna need a rookie salary at that spot.

5 minutes ago, braylon said:

If you're right about Benji then I agree, literally wouldn't pay him anything to come here. I didn't realize that lol. Last time I saw him play was the 2018 season honestly.

He’s actually the type of guy we need tbh.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His contract isnt that easy to cut iirc

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He sucks now, i watched some chargers games, not fast enough.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, basically what I'm saying is I want a field stretcher and he was a WR on the market who I felt meets that criteria. But kiwi says he's done. I wish Robby Anderson wouldn't cost so much lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, braylon said:

Yeah, basically what I'm saying is I want a field stretcher and he was a WR on the market who I felt meets that criteria. But kiwi says he's done. I wish Robby Anderson wouldn't cost so much lol.

Robby anderson would be boss.

I think we need to draft someone to do that 

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s probably the most cost effective option.

Maybe Ratley grows into that role?

I like Ratley to improve a bit more. 

Id bring back perriman for 5 million per year. That man can run fast in a straight line.

• Like 2

So am I understanding this correctly? We can cut Vernon at no cost to us, saving the entire $15mil? 

I've been pro Vernon compared to most of the rest of the forum, but if that's the case I'd like to cut him. Like I said, I'm a fan of JPP. I'd for sure rather pay JPP $10mil and a run stopping D lineman $5mil.

If we could cut him and get JPP and Danny Shelton for the same price, sign me the F up.

Edited by braylon

1 hour ago, braylon said:

So am I understanding this correctly? We can cut Vernon at no cost to us, saving the entire $15mil? 

I've been pro Vernon compared to most of the rest of the forum, but if that's the case I'd like to cut him. Like I said, I'm a fan of JPP. I'd for sure rather pay JPP $10mil and a run stopping D lineman $5mil.

If we could cut him and get JPP and Danny Shelton for the same price, sign me the F up.

Id be surpised if jpp goes that cheap.

Edited by Kiwibrown

2 hours ago, braylon said:

Here's the other thing...

That 15 million dollars is going partially to Myles Garrett...

We can't just spend it on a bunch of years for another guys.  We need to be smart with our money now....

The most prudent thing to do is replace Vernon in the draft, but have him play for us this year and help our team win games.  Then hopefully we have someone to take over for him after he leaves either through the draft this year or next year...

• Like 1