FA 2020

drfrey13

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harris is on the down swing though and he'll be 31 when the season starts. 

2018: 46 completions allowed for 497 yards (10.8 avg), 4 TD, 86.4 passer rating when targeted

2019: 49 completions allowed for 731 yards (14.9 avg0, 4 TD, 112.3 passer rating when targeted

My understanding is that he played outside last year. He made his money in the slot. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

CHJ at 11-12>>> Jones at 18-19

This is an interesting one as they’d probably play different roles in our system. I’m assuming Harris would play in the slot which is becoming more and more important as teams move all different types of guys there, it’s almost a more difficult role. If we really believe in Mullen as a #1 CB then I’d say the slot CB would be mighty important and we could get by with average play from CB #2. Obviously, if you’re not sold on Mullen then a top outside CB would be the priority.
Personally, I’d probably agree that I’d go with Harris over Jones and draft a guy like Jaylon Johnson or Terrell to play outside.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

This is an interesting one as they’d probably play different roles in our system. I’m assuming Harris would play in the slot which is becoming more and more important as teams move all different types of guys there, it’s almost a more difficult role. If we really believe in Mullen as a #1 CB then I’d say the slot CB would be mighty important and we could get by with average play from CB #2. Obviously, if you’re not sold on Mullen then a top outside CB would be the priority.
Personally, I’d probably agree that I’d go with Harris over Jones and draft a guy like Jaylon Johnson or Terrell to play outside.

IIRC Vic said that we're looking for a veteran outside CB to pair with Mullen on the outside. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Harris is on the down swing though and he'll be 31 when the season starts. 

2018: 46 completions allowed for 497 yards (10.8 avg), 4 TD, 86.4 passer rating when targeted

2019: 49 completions allowed for 731 yards (14.9 avg0, 4 TD, 112.3 passer rating when targeted

I believe he played outside primarily in 2019 and that reflected a downturn in his play. By most accounts he’s still a very good slot CB which is the role he’d probably take with us. It all comes down to value IMO, and if we believe Mullen is a genuine CB1

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Do we really want to sign another aging slot CB to a big deal? 

Joyner was a FS that we’re trying to turn in the a slot, Harris has been one of the games best inside for years. Also, slots age a little more gracefully imo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:
6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

IIRC Vic said that we're looking for a veteran outside CB to pair with Mullen on the outside

Interesting if true, hopefully we’ll draft a young guy then to take over down the line. We have Isaiah Johnson and Nixon I believe in house but haven’t seen enough of them to really make judgement on if they can figure greatly moving forward. Maybe we’ll look at a guy like Annette in the 3rd round as a slot corner.........

Just now, Darbsk said:

I believe he played outside primarily in 2019 and that reflected a downturn in his play. By most accounts he’s still a very good slot CB which is the role he’d probably take with us. It all comes down to value IMO, and if we believe Mullen is a genuine CB1

Just now, Geezy said:

Joyner was a FS that we’re trying to turn in the a slot, Harris has been one of the games best inside for years. Also, slots age a little more gracefully imo

Harris is coming off of the worst year of his career and will be 31 at the start of the season. I'm just not a fan of paying him big money, especially if he's limited exclusively to being a slot CB.

Just now, Geezy said:

Joyner played the slot for the Rams until they switched him to S when Wade Phillips got there.