FA 2020

drfrey13

7 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If we were to sign a RB, i think Peyton Barber makes sense. Should be cheap, can take some carries away from Jacobs and would complement Richard well if Jacobs is out.

I made an entire cheap remaining FA list the other day and before I could submit this massive list it got lost.  Barber was one guy I was mentioning as a nice RB option 

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

Probably. My guess is we  have under 5M in cap space at this point. Maybe they'd be comfortable restructuring some contracts (Trent, Carr) to sign a more expensive target though.

I think restructuring Trent to give us a few million more is a very likely option at this point.  
I estimate we’re almost complete out of money and the few million we get from a minor restructure of Trent could be used to sign Randall and Robinson.

55 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think restructuring Trent to give us a few million more is a very likely option at this point.  
I estimate we’re almost complete out of money and the few million we get from a minor restructure of Trent could be used to sign Randall and Robinson.

Hopefully Randall. Without trades, I fear Winfield and Davis will be gone and after the top 3 or 4 S's, the quality seems to drops pretty fast in this class. I'd trust Randall over S's we could get in the late 3rd or 4th. WR can.wait until the draft. Our depth sucks, but Williams, Renfrow, and Waller are serviceable enough to operate as our primary veteran presence while a couple rookies get up to speed. 

I want whoever we draft at WR to get serious play time ASAP as I'm a believer in repetitions being necessary to progress. Same reason I don't want to spend high picks at DE right now- give the younger guys a chance to get some seasoning. 

Gimme a CB in the draft to put with Mullens and Apple, we have Heath, Joyner, Abram, and Harris shoring up the back end, which isn't an absolute disaster. Randall would round out a fairly solid backfield. After that, we can use every pick on WRs, LBs, and RBs for all I care (not that I would necessarily advocate that, but you get my point). 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

-Our depth at WR, LB, CB still sucks..... 

-could also add a vet T or G, and RB

i would rather restructure Joyner over Brown, Atleast Brown played well in 19. Good thing Trent cow figure drops down in 2021 to 14 or 15 m instead of 21m. 

Joyner already restructured and there little money we can generate from doing it again.