FA 2020

drfrey13

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Mariota is getting $4-5 million.  If you give him $10 then you are telling Carr he is fighting for his job and the loser is getting cut or shipped out.

I doubt Mariota took $4-5M.  He was the best QB2 on the market.  He probably got $6-8M

34 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I do like the idea of going after once highly sought after prospects.  I’ve always felt that there are a ton of UDFA’s that really only get 1 shot to make the team or practice squad and if they don’t they never get another NFL shot.  Or players that had success and then have an injury or off field issue and never get that comeback chance.

Im just pulling one off the top of my head (but I feel it happens the most at WR) but Alex Collins 2 years ago was a hot young RB. Almost 1000yds in ‘17 which was a season where he was cut at the deadline by Seattle and signed to Baltimore’s PS and then in like week 3 signed to their active roster.... and he still got almost to 1000yds. In ‘18 he played well until week 10 when he went to IR.  Then in ‘19 gets cut over marijuana and gun charge.

He’s probably in good shape because Seattle is thinking of signing him:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/seahawks-interested-in-signing-alex-collins-as-marshawn-lynch-remains-unsure-of-return-per-report/amp/

I think Collins could be a very good backup to Jacobs.

but back to your point, I do think we should look into some Reclamation projects.It’s kinda the Raider way.  These type of guys have a way better chance of making the team then the 6th RB in camp , the UDFA James Butlers of the world ( I do think  he a made the roster (of was it PS?) for a few weeks late in the year)

Well Gruden and Mayock have a history of going after high drafted players to maybe mold them 

- Mariota

- Apple 

- Nelson

- Johnathon Cooper - remember him 

- Zay Jones 

- Golzen or whatever the corner 

- Jordan Richard 

Edited by Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Well Gruden and Mayock have a history of going after high drafted players to maybe mold them .....

Oh I 100% agree. I just think White is beyond repair. Even if he makes it through camp and onto the 53 ... I mean 55 man roster then you run the risk of him getting hurt on a game to game basis.  He’s unlikely to finish the season.  We’re better off having a guy like Doss/Ateman for all 16 weeks then have White for 4 games then off to IR and brining you a guy off PS or street.

and I recall he never really blew anyone out the water when in Chicago and healthy.  Did he ball out if Arizona before getting cut?  I certainly wasn’t watching out for him specifically but I don’t recall hearing anything good about him.   He always was a very raw prospect.  If he had shown something in between the injuries I’d probably be interested in him.

34 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He got hurt again on Arizona lol.... yeah that’s why you keep a wr or 2 in free agency... 

Did he at least tantalize the Cardinal Fans with “if only he could stay healthy” potential for those 2 weeks he was on the practice field? Lmao

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I doubt Mariota took $4-5M.  He was the best QB2 on the market.  He probably got $6-8M

Possibly that high but not $10.  That is far to much for a back up unless he has been told he will be competing for the starting job.  I would just trade Carr if that is the case before his trade value drops like the Dow Jones.

Edited by drfrey13

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Did he at least tantalize the Cardinal Fans with “if only he could stay healthy” potential for those 2 weeks he was on the practice field? Lmao

Haha. He actually did. I remember a lot of fantasy people recommending throwing a dart at him in really deep leagues because he had been showing out in the summer. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Great news Whitehead signed with the Panthers. Even better news the Darren Waller will have a career game when the Raiders play the Panthers this year. 

Imagine (I said “Imagine”- no need for anyone to say “oh that’s never happen”) if Carolina passed on Simmons because they got Whitehead and he fell to us! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Great news Whitehead signed with the Panthers. Even better news the Darren Waller will have a career game when the Raiders play the Panthers this year. 

If Carolina playing 3-4 defense next year? Ourlads depth chart shows they are.

5 minutes ago, mct288 said:

Haha. He actually did. I remember a lot of fantasy people recommending throwing a dart at him in really deep leagues because he had been showing out in the summer. 

I’ll have to look into it I’m quite curious now... thank you.

16 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Can David Sharpe play?

In Chicago we are pretty desperate for a swing OT.

He's been average to solid when he's been given opportunities. Better than Parker when he came in last year. I dont recall him playing on the left side much but he's a decent backup RT. Now Parker was a LT in college but was awful at RT in '18 and merely bad last year. He might be able to play a little LT though and he may well be much better than on the right but he's not had the chance here.