Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

5 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

I kinda think we’re good with Looney and McGovern, for now anyway. It’s not a great interior OL class and we need to see McGovern can do before giving up on him.

If anything, OT may be more of a consideration early on, with Fleming’s option declined and the clock ticking o Tyron. It’s supposed to be one of the strongest OT classes ever, though that may not apply to Rounds 2-3

i was kinda of thinking the same thing.  maybe we take an OT in rd 3.  btw...what ever happened to Ronald Leary?

20 minutes ago, chumpy said:

do you guys think that the recent retirement of our ALL Pro Center will alter our draft in the early rounds?  still think BPA is what's best for us.  CB, S, DL still a priority.

While losing the Beard hurts, I don't see us looking to replace him in the draft.

7 hours ago, chumpy said:

i was kinda of thinking the same thing.  maybe we take an OT in rd 3.  btw...what ever happened to Ronald Leary?

If he comes at a reasonable cost, I'm all for it.  Let Looney, McGovern, and Leary compete for 2 spots.  Best man wins.  Make Connor Williams swing tackle.

17 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

If the coaching staff thinks he would be a better fit I wouldn't mind Williams being swapped out at RT with Collins and have him play LG. 

By all accounts Collins played well at RT.  I dont see him being moved.  Even if we drafted a tackle at 17, I think he would either be the swing tackle, or compete at guard with McGovern and Williams would move to swing tackle.   I do hope we sign Leary.  That would really help free us to go bpa

While I love weapons, it seems to me that our defense, while decent across the board right now lacks a true stud player ( D Lawrence close). My philosophy is our D will be as good as our pass pressure. We need the best RE possible opposite DL..

Hoping a DE falls or the best weapon available at 17.. 

baring a great BPA falling to us..

33 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

On that note, how much cap space is still available and is there someone out there (Clowney) worth going after??

I really do not understand why we didn't want to pay Quinn.  Unless he didn't want to be here.  We could have cut Crawford to pay for most of it. I dont want to pay Clowney or Griffen who are not nearly as good a pass rusher. 

On 3/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, Calvert28 said:

Just did another draft with another trade with Miami. Man players in this draft just did not fall like I wanted them too. But hey I fixed the defense.

26- AJ Epenesa    DE- Kinlaw, Brown, Chaison, Henderson, all off the board and I did not wanna take a WR. I found a trade partner with Miami who for some reason wanted to trade up. Lost my 3rd this year and next year but got the 26 and 39 anyways. Epenesa I'm sure will get some frowns, but watch the game tape. This guy competed against Wisconsin, OSU, among other schools known for producing Top quality NFL tier linemen. Game is there.

39- Neville Gallimore    DT- I don't know why but for some reason Blacklock was gone as was Diggs, Terrell, Winfield and Delpit. Gallimore has elite potential with his burst and power. Plus he has a perfect teacher with McCoy ready to groom him up.

51- Jaylon Johnson    CB- Has starter potential and while not the athlete Byron was has the ability to be a press man CB like Byron was. He was a no brainer, plus I didn't see any offensive players worth taking over him.

123- Albert Okwuegbunam   TE- It's only a 4th, and if he can be groomed he has monster upside. At the very least may squeak in a TD or 2 when the defense in not paying attention. He is an absolute burner.

179- Tanner Muse    S- Again another project with a player that has strong athletic upside who could also be used at LB and at the very least will contribute on ST.

231- Kendrick Rogers   WR- Last pick with no one else really sticking out to me. These are upside picks who may or may not have anything anyways. I just picked a guy who is a redzone target who has good athletic ability. 

I like this draft. I just would have picked up a Wr at 39. I think our DT position is set. It looks like Crawford won't be released so he can also fill in at 3 tech. With McCoy, Poe and Woods I just dont think we need to use another premium pick.

I think people are really over looking the Wr position. Yes Coop and Gallup are good, but whos behind them? Cobb was a big part of the offense last year and he would be missed if we don't change this.

Who is our punt Returner? No Cobb. No Austin. What if Cooper gets hurt. Who steps up?

I like this draft but at 39 if he was available. I would go Brandon Aiyuk. He would fill the Special teams void. Hes a slot guy that can take the top off the defense. He would fit perfect. While also signing Dez Bryant.

Also how did you trade down 9 picks and lose a 3rd this year and next year for just a 2nd?

Edited by eagles suck

I am very wishy washy right now.  A lot of how well our OL plays depends on two players returning from injury the conners.   I wish there was a solid pash rush available at 17. There are some soso options but unless a cant miss DE is available kinlaw I see us getting Mckinny or Henderson or one of the better WR  then hope okawora Lewis or weaver are there in the 2nd

i am sure we can find a good slot Wr type in the third if we score a good CB in the 1st   And yes I know Mckinny is more a S but he would add a ton of versatility can handle the slot and TE and be a strong force around the LOS

a trad back makes sense if we can still get epsensa in the 1st.  Then best CB say Bryce Hall level and

WR Aiyok or Mims in 2nd maybe OT prospect 3rd Badiez or Jackson.    From there it’s BPA no matter position. Though a kick returner special teams player would be nice in the 4th.  Unless your WR from before can return kicks

Edited by quiller

Your score is: 33643 (GRADE: B-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 19: Marlon Davidson, DE, Auburn (A-)
Round 3 Pick 18: Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A)
Round 4 Pick 17: Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Brandon Pili, DT, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Sterling Hofrichter, P, Syracuse (A)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

Edited by eagles suck
  • Like 1

Your score is: 38435 (GRADE: A-)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 17: Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama (A+)
Round 2 Pick 21 (PHI): Justin Madubuike, DT, Texas A&M (A)
Round 3 Pick 19 (DEN): Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A)
Round 3 Pick 39 (PHI): Hunter Bryant, TE, Washington (A+)
Round 4 Pick 12 (DEN): Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 4 Pick 19 (N.E.): DeMarkus Acy, CB, Missouri (A+)
Round 5 Pick 18: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
Round 5 Pick 33 (COMP): Thaddeus Moss, TE, LSU (A+)
Round 6 Pick 16 (N.E.): Bryce Perkins, QB, Virginia (A+)
Round 7 Pick 17: Khaleke Hudson, OLB, Michigan (A+)

Your Future Picks:
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

I still don't understand how they score these things. Regardless, I'd be pretty happy with this draft. We couldn't say that we'd be lacking in offensive weapons, that's for sure. Imagine having a receiving group which looks like this:

WR: Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Pittman Jr.

TE: Blake Jarwin, Hunter Bryant, Thaddeus Moss, Blake Bell

Edited by plan9misfit