Draft watch 2020

resilient part 2

20 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We are going in circles here. There are two very different things here:

1) Is Mims a reach at 17? A slight one, maybe, but not a horrible one, in my opinion.

2) Would the Cowboys consider actually taking him at 17? *That* is what I find very unrealistic.

I am basing this off of us interviewing not just Mims but Ruggs, Jeudy as well. 

28 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Kenneth Murray also sucks. An LB at 17 wouldn't be *quite* so agonizing if we were talking about Luke Keuchly or Roquan Smith

Who in this draft will be a TJ Watt type? It appears we are wanting a RDE/SAM combo type guy to have multiple fronts. 

10 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

I am basing this off of us interviewing not just Mims but Ruggs, Jeudy as well. 

We’ve heard from the most plugged in beat writers that WR isn’t a priority at #17. And they have interviewed a handful of other guys that seem like trade-down or 2nd round targets. 

I get that you like him, but if you had to rank the 10 most likely things to happen at #17, where would he fall? Mims probably wouldn’t even make my list.

Just now, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We’ve heard from the most plugged in beat writers that WR isn’t a priority at #17. And they have interviewed a handful of other guys that seem like trade-down or 2nd round targets. 

I get that you like him, but if you had to rank the 10 most likely things to happen at #17, where would he fall? Mims probably wouldn’t even make my list.

Weve also heard that because all the workouts and what not have been canceled, that this year is going to be the most sporadic one yet. Teams/scouts never had a chance to come to consensus (or group think). So who the hell knows. Maybe we have Mimms rated super high and no one knows about it. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Weve also heard that because all the workouts and what not have been canceled, that this year is going to be the most sporadic one yet. Teams/scouts never had a chance to come to consensus (or group think). So who the hell knows. Maybe we have Mimms rated super high and no one knows about it. 

Sure.

But just trying to read the tea leaves, it seems like an extreme long shot. Like, you could get huge odds on that if you wanted to gamble on it. 

But sure, anything can happen, and this draft will probably be more unpredictable than most.

46 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

We also heard that Thornhill and Johnson were the odd's on favorites last year with Hill being an almost afterthought with most people including journalist who are plugged in were taken back by the pick. 

But this goes back to my original point that if it was a priority then they would not be interviewing prospects that are stated to go so high. And yet we have interviewed more then a few guys we should have no interest in that are stated to go around our spot and even before it. Saying it's a possibility is not the same as it stating "oh yea it's gonna happen".

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Who in this draft will be a TJ Watt type? It appears we are wanting a RDE/SAM combo type guy to have multiple fronts. 

There are a handful. though probably not quite on Watt's level...Chaisson, YGM, Lewis, Uche, Weaver, and Taylor. 

1 hour ago, Calvert28 said:

We also heard that Thornhill and Johnson were the odd's on favorites last year with Hill being an almost afterthought with most people including journalist who are plugged in were taken back by the pick. 

But this goes back to my original point that if it was a priority then they would not be interviewing prospects that are stated to go so high. And yet we have interviewed more then a few guys we should have no interest in that are stated to go around our spot and even before it. Saying it's a possibility is not the same as it stating "oh yea it's gonna happen".

And me saying it’s extremely unlikely is not the same as me saying it’s impossible.

And no, anyone shocked by the Hill pick last year was not paying attention. That had been telegraphed far more than what you are suggesting here.

They obviously have interest in a wide receiver early. I am not arguing this at all. But I just think it’s exceedingly unlikely for it to be at 17 unless it’s Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. 

5 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

And me saying it’s extremely unlikely is not the same as me saying it’s impossible.

And no, anyone shocked by the Hill pick last year was not paying attention. That had been telegraphed far more than what you are suggesting here.

They obviously have interest in a wide receiver early. I am not arguing this at all. But I just think it’s exceedingly unlikely for it to be at 17 unless it’s Jeudy, Lamb, or Ruggs. 

No it was not. He was on their board and everyone heard that he was liked, but people also said he was a 3rd rounder at best last year. So yea it was out of the blue. Thornhill was argued to be drafted Early 2nd.

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

No it was not. He was on their board and everyone heard that he was liked, but people also said he was a 3rd rounder at best last year. So yea it was out of the blue. Thornhill was argued to be drafted Early 2nd.

Hm, well I’m sorry you were shocked. I just went back and read all my text messages leading up to and during the draft with friends about how we were going to draft Hill.

It’s almost certainly not going to be Denzel Mims at #17. I’m warning you now, so you don’t have to be unnecessarily shocked on draft day. Wish I could have warned you about Hill last year.