Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
beardown3231

Around the NFL Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

There's a lot of evidence that McDaniels...isn't all there. 

I think how he handled the Cutler situation is the biggest thing, as far as his overall record goes. 

True, but being a young head coach with the immediate success he had offensively I can see why he thought he knew so much. To me if you're going to sign him you have to have a strong GM and you can't give him full control like you saw Denver do. I think he would be a solid to pair with Caserio. Rumors are that he wants out of New England, but who really knows how true anything like that is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

True, but being a young head coach with the immediate success he had offensively I can see why he thought he knew so much. To me if you're going to sign him you have to have a strong GM and you can't give him full control like you saw Denver do. I think he would be a solid to pair with Caserio. Rumors are that he wants out of New England, but who really knows how true anything like that is?

Everybody always says he wants out of New England, and go off and do his own thing. Then he never does. I really think he wants to succeed Belichick. But, with Bill hanging on...there COULD be some frustration going on. 

But, as to what you posted, it was clearly a mistake of Denver to give him that much control. And frankly, he hasn't shown even a sliver of gumption (see; head coach, Indianapolis Colts) since then that should make any owner give him that sort of control. Opinions are opinions...and as such, should always be taken with a grain of salt. 

My opinion of McDaniels is that he's messed up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris Collinsworth said something during 49ers game. He must have got if from pregame interviews.  The49ers  O line really practices getting off the ball.  Like a track meet.  It really showed with their O line on Sat.  You don't hear a lot of NFL coaches talk about O line get off.  Not since Denver's zone heyday.   

I really like good O line play.  Always been something that fascinated me and not a lot of people pay attention to it.

De La Salle H.S. in CA would practice get off and tech over and over and over and their O line play was as good as it gets.  You can't poo poo high school coaches.  There are some great ones.  Reason I bring them up is I have never, NEVER, seen a team get off the ball on O line like they do.  It didn't just happen.  They drilled it over and over.  

I really tried to emulate them in my coaching from watching their tape, but back when I was doing it it was harder to find good stuff on net.  I didn't have their finer points at time.  You could fly out there for a clinic, but that was too expensive to justify for a hobby.

Here is a video so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.  https://binged.it/2NljDCb  They did that for a long time every year.  

Needless to say  I was really disappointed in with the Bears in 2019.  

A great O line coach if he can put his culture in is worth his weight in gold to any team.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Tennessee defensive game plan against Ravens was brilliant.

I strongly suspect too that both Ravens coordinators were distracted with possibly getting HC gigs and it effect their game planning.  I think that is too bad for them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Needless to say  I was really disappointed in with the Bears in 2019.  

Really? Can't imagine why...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I hate the Packers.

Can't wait til they have to go through QB hell when Rodgers is finished.... like we have our whole lives 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Can't wait til they have to go through QB hell when Rodgers is finished.... like we have our whole lives 

I've lived in GB my whole life and it makes you kinda numb to the whole thing. They all have the exact same responses and "the bears still suck!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The_Romen said:

I've lived in GB my whole life and it makes you kinda numb to the whole thing. They all have the exact same responses and "the bears still suck!"

Damn... lived in GB you're whole life and you're a Bears fan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Damn... lived in GB you're whole life and you're a Bears fan?

Most of my fam is from Chicago, so it's always been blue and orange around the house haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

And you haven't shot yourself, @The_Romen?

That would give them too much satisfaction. Once the bears start winning, THEN I'll shoot myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Can't wait til they have to go through QB hell when Rodgers is finished.... like we have our whole lives 

Don't say this...we did after Farve and look where that got us 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Chris Collinsworth said something during 49ers game. He must have got if from pregame interviews.  The49ers  O line really practices getting off the ball.  Like a track meet.  It really showed with their O line on Sat.  You don't hear a lot of NFL coaches talk about O line get off.  Not since Denver's zone heyday.   

I really like good O line play.  Always been something that fascinated me and not a lot of people pay attention to it.

De La Salle H.S. in CA would practice get off and tech over and over and over and their O line play was as good as it gets.  You can't poo poo high school coaches.  There are some great ones.  Reason I bring them up is I have never, NEVER, seen a team get off the ball on O line like they do.  It didn't just happen.  They drilled it over and over.  

I really tried to emulate them in my coaching from watching their tape, but back when I was doing it it was harder to find good stuff on net.  I didn't have their finer points at time.  You could fly out there for a clinic, but that was too expensive to justify for a hobby.

Here is a video so you can get an idea of what I am talking about.  https://binged.it/2NljDCb  They did that for a long time every year.  

Needless to say  I was really disappointed in with the Bears in 2019.  

A great O line coach if he can put his culture in is worth his weight in gold to any team.  

 

Awesome vid. I love what they do. Anything to the outside seemed to have the backside blockers cutting inside their guys and going straight to the 2nd level. We did that in high school for anything outside the 3 and 4, and even if it was that or inside then we would have the outside man still go straight to the 2nd level. I've tried to get my kids to do it but they are still too narrow viewed, but they're really only 9. I'll still have the backside TE do it though. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, The_Romen said:

That would give them too much satisfaction. Once the bears start winning, THEN I'll shoot myself.

I meant just from living in Green Bay

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×