The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: Week 1 MNF v. Denver Broncos

Trojan

50 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Doesn't change the fact he's excellent in coverage.

Riley? He's not "excellent" in coverage. He has decent ball skills so he had 4 interceptions. That doesn't mean that he's excellent in coverage. He's an average backup safety and was in jeopardy of not even making the final 53 man roster. 

4 hours ago, raidr4life said:

You keep bring up Curtis Riley, but Riley excel's in coverage, wouldn't you have your best coverage safety out there over a rookie playing his first game in too. You putting too much on it at this point.

https://nygiantsrush.com/ny-giants/film-room-curtis-riley-continues-to-disappoint/

I think we are far enough along in the season to say that this might be Riley’s one and only starting season with the New York Giants (and probably in the NFL).  He has 59 tackles on the year and 2 INTs, but those numbers are deceiving.  Riley has constantly been caught taking the wrong angle on “attempted” tackles and has missed several interceptions due to bad angles or bad hands.  When you are the last line of defense, that can’t happen.

Riley was a dart-throw/depth signing to start and has completely exposed in the run and pass defense.  The fact that the Giants are still using Landon Collins as a coverage safety says it all because those duties should fall on a Free Safety.

But sure, Riley is "excellent" in coverage...

Edited by NYRaider

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Miller and Brown played well. But Gruden called the offense to get the ball out quick so they didn't have a chance to tee off. On the pass TD pass to Williams I think it is, go watch the OTs. 

BP defending PFF...what is going on here? Cats and dogs living together and mass hysteria?

• Like 1

On 10/09/2019 at 12:42 PM, roi34 said:

Mad Maxx I thought looked great for late draft pick. Game didn't look too big. 

We definitely need a #2. Waller will the used as such. Waller was used just like cook last year

Maxx Crosby was flying around out there and seemed to be around the ball a lot. He'll have to play smarter on occasions such as when he came flying up field and Lindsey just cut back inside of him in our redzone but that's something that experience will hopefully bring. Certainly you can see what the coaches like about him, hoping he can be refine and polished a bit and he'll become a very good player. Worst case I think we've got a situational pass rusher, best case he's a league wide terror.

1 hour ago, Chali21 said:

BP defending PFF...what is going on here? Cats and dogs living together and mass hysteria?

I’ve got cats a dog and chickens all living together so maybe BP will defend Miller. Crazy times indeed.

PS I didn’t see the game and being we won I’m debating not watching any as long as we keep winning. Lol

i really like what I’m reading about how the team looked. We need to beat KC to really get some momo.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Miller and Brown played well. But Gruden called the offense to get the ball out quick so they didn't have a chance to tee off. On the pass TD pass to Williams I think it is, go watch the OTs. 

Agreed but there were many times last year Carr didn't even get 2 secs

1 hour ago, G said:

I’ve got cats a dog and chickens all living together so maybe BP will defend Miller. Crazy times indeed.

PS I didn’t see the game and being we won I’m debating not watching any as long as we keep winning. Lol

i really like what I’m reading about how the team looked. We need to beat KC to really get some momo.

Not defending PFF. Just pointing out that they were not as dominate as it seemed. Missed some blocks, but the ball was coming out fast. 

Frank Clark punked Miller repeatedly last year, so let's see what he's got this week.

I was NOT a fan of picking Miller as I was screaming Derwin James and a tackle could wait 2nd/3rd as I felt they all were overrated even McG. Who we were probably targeting being we traded out and got less value than expected. 

However Miller played hurt so that showed toughness. He added weight which shows me dedication. Carr’s quick passes will make him look better. He can be better than average and I’ll be happy. I like his potential and progress moving forward. We will probably have to overpay when the time comes but as long as he keeps improving, then money well spent. I thought with T Brown getting paid that Miller would switch to RT. Also thought Jackson to LG would follow. So far so good against top pass rush tandem. 

I’ve got a lot of venom towards our coaching staff on Offense but i’m Looking at the crows on the barn thinking they might have a bad day on the bbq. Team is focused when they easily could have not been. Gruden +1 / G=0

This is a battle I want to lose. :)

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Not defending PFF. Just pointing out that they were not as dominate as it seemed. Missed some blocks, but the ball was coming out fast. 

Frank Clark punked Miller repeatedly last year, so let's see what he's got this week.

It's fine if you think they weren't that good but that doesn't explain how Von Miller is graded good when he didn't do **** all game. Even Miller thinks he had a bad game.

“I didn’t get to him once,” Miller said. “Not even a quarterback hit, so I’m disappointed in myself on an individual level.