It's Dallas week and I cant ever remember less excitement

Doc Draper

40 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

if he cared he would've fired bruce allen by now

Bruce Allen is there for the same reason Cerrato got a decade - except for Marty in 01 - Bruce takes all the bullets, talks to the media for the front office etc so Snyder doesn't have to. That way Snyder can lay low and not have to deal with the media.

16 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Actually, it was Dan and Allen who were pro RG3 and wanted him protected more and wanted to do what RG3 wanted, it was Shanahan who continued to run RG3 even agree he sprained his knee, and IMO had already torn something in it when he came back to play in Dec of 2012 bc he was worried Cousins would lead us to the playoffs and take his job forever.

It was Shanahan who had final say of the roster and decided to start RG3 week 1 in 2013 when most of us in this forum - myself not included and I was wrong - thought he should have been put on PUP and come back midseason. 

It was then Gruden who didn't want start RG3 again in 2014 after he dislocated his ankle bc he felt Kirk & Colt were better for his offense in 2014. Gruden was ordered to play RG3 at Minny in 2014 despite how well Colt was playing and the fact that Colt deserved to start that game.

Then, it was Gruden and McCloughan who decided to make RG3 the 3rd QB in 2015 after he got blasted in preseason vs Detroit and Kirk continued to look better in Gruden’s offense than RG3 ever did. 

Going with Kirk turned out to be the best decision for the franchise as Kirk threw for 4000 yards 3 years in a row, nearly 5,000 in 2016 and near 30 TDs twice and 25 TDs in 2016.

I think Gruden wanted to keep Kirk long term, it was Dan & Bruce who never wanted Kirk going back to draft day in 2012 - Kirk was a Shanahan pick - and they could never get past that to give Kirk the big long term deal he had earned.

And still when all said and done no Playoff wins or SuperBowls. You also ruined the career of Griffin and got nothing but a 3rd round compensation pick for Cousins. 

The business side of things were even handle wrong in these situations. Wether or not it was Belichick who wanted Jimmy over Brady and Kraft who wanted Jimmy over Brady it never became a BIG Public spectrum like how it went with Kirk and Griffin. Also they got a 2nd round pick for Jimmy G. 

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

As I said above, I often find it a little annoying at this point. I consider the fanbase as a whole to be pretty whiny and petulant nowadays, unreasonably and sometimes obnoxiously pessimistic about everything the team touches. I prefer to enjoy the teams I root for, instead of constantly wallowing in all the negative and finding reasons to douse my hopes that things are getting better. But I do understand why it happens — better safe than sorry. 

First off, great post.  

I used to think like this, enjoying the team for what it is.  However, when I bought myself Orioles tickets back in 2014 after a couple years of winning, I told myself that I'm not going to continue buying them if the team runs through this time of winning, and doesn't get on the right track.  After last year's debacle, I was planning not to renew, but after waiting through the off-season and some of spring training, I'm convinced that they hired the right guy in Mike Elias.  There is still work to do, but until this rebuild proves to have failed, I will remain loyal with my tickets.  

Now, I still have Redskins tickets, but my reasoning for keeping them right now is different.  I have a lot of memories going to games with my dad and uncle, so until there is clarity on any sort of new stadium/location, I will continue to go to games for as long as I can.  However, once that happens, my barometer for renewing those tickets is going to be the same as the Orioles.  

I want an owner who finally realizes that they are doing something fundamentally wrong, and it's time to hire someone to fix that.  The Angelos sons did that- Elias came in, and immediately let go and reassigned some big name, tenured people in the front office.  Brady Anderson, the Orioles version of Bruce Allen, was removed from his VP role and essentially made an advisor on nutrition.  Elias brought in a few of his own people to start immediately on a few problem areas, as he was hired late and wasn't able to go through the entire front office and player development system.  The analytics department grew, and new technology was purchased and brought to bear on the team from the start of spring training.  Now, Elias has just let go of scouts and people from the player development system- close to 30 people total- to hire those that best fit his vision moving forward.  

As I said for the Orioles, there was a rot in the warehouse.  For years, the drafting and player development was terrible.  They ignored analytics, but also have had coaches and other people in positions because they were "lifelong" Orioles.  That's not the right way to hire people, or to keep them employed.  

The same thing is true of the Redskins in the front office in a sense.  A lot of them have been around a while.  At this point, I think the entire thing needs to be blown up by Snyder from the top down.  Allen needs to go.  Doug Williams needs to go.  Kyle Smith needs to go.  Eric Schaeffer needs to go.  Everyone needs to go.  Maybe it takes a year or two to make all of that happen, but right now, what the Redskins are doing is not working.  There have been "anonymous sources" for years in the front office and in the locker room, and those people have got to go, and the only way you do that is from a hard reset.  

That promise, to give someone full authority, is the only way Snyder is going to get a competent football executive to come in here and fix this mess.  It would be about the only thing that would save a shrinking fan base, and a shrinking ticket holder database.  But for whatever reason, Snyder is loathe to do this, and until he does, the Redskins will continue to suffer.  Fan interest will continue to decline.  I never thought I would see the Redskins take a back seat to anyone in Washington DC, but DC is clearly now a Capitals town, with the Nationals a close second.  All of that happened on Snyder and Allen's watch, and all of them share the blame for it.  

5 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we are the dolphins of the NFC

We have more young talent - especially on defense - than the dolphins. I'd take Haskins over Rosen, I'd take Guice over their young RBs and if take McLaurin, Quinn and Harmon over their young WRs. I'd also take our current OL - even w/o Trent - over there's.

The dolphins ceiling is 4 or 5 wins. The redskins ceiling is 7 to 9 wins.  The Dolphins are the leaders in the clubhouse for the #1 pick. I think the skins will be picking in the 5 to 10 range.

Question are  "Loyal Fans" suppose to keep their "Loyalty" for a team with so much dysfunction? Do you guys share that same loyalty in the real world, outside of football? Do you consistently go to restaurants who don't give you good customer service? Would you go to a restaurant where inside people are saying bad things about Management? Do you buy cars from a shop who Use to be the best in town?

Like we all love football but damn, I'm not Loyal to anyone or anything that I can't trust is doing it's best to be the best. Synder has damage the fanbase and it's nothing wrong with Fans speaking up about it!! Or being Woke to the fact he doesn't give a damn about what the fans want aka A Superbowl or  just a better well run organization. Why should anyone be Loyal to this type of Ownership? 

48 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Question this loyalty "Fans" are suppose to have for a team with so much dysfunction. Do you guys share that same loyalty in the real world, outside of football? Do you consistently go to restaurants who don't give you good customer service? Would you go to a restaurant where inside people are saying bad things about Management? Do you buy cars from a shop who Use to be the best in town?

Like we all love football but damn, I'm not Loyal to anyone or anything that I can't trust is doing it's best to be the best. Synder has damage the fanbase and it's nothing wrong with Fans speaking up about it!! Or being Woke to the fact he doesn't give a damn about what the fans want aka A Superbowl or  just a better well run organization. Why should anyone be Loyal to this type of Ownership? 

I guess you haven't been here long enough. We've been vocal about our displeasure for a long, long time. It's not so easy just "leaving" either. I share a lot of fond memories of watching the Redskins with my Grandpa. I enjoy the takes on FF with other Redskin fans about the present and future of the team.

I hate Dan Snyder. I hate Bruce Allen. But you can't always just leave an abusive relationship that easily. I've "quit" the team before, but I knew I'd be back. I like DC. It's my home. I want to be there when the Redskins return to glory.

40 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Question this loyalty "Fans" are suppose to have for a team with so much dysfunction. Do you guys share that same loyalty in the real world, outside of football? Do you consistently go to restaurants who don't give you good customer service? Would you go to a restaurant where inside people are saying bad things about Management? Do you buy cars from a shop who Use to be the best in town?

That is a hard comparison to make. Your example is a bad restaurant, but there are like 20 restaurants I can walk to from my house.  There are only 32 nfl teams on the planet, and the closest one to me is the Redskins.  I grew up a Redskins fan because my father was a Redskins fan, there's definitely a regional factor involved.  Changing fandom would feel very strange to me, I can't imagine I will ever root for another team no matter how bad the Redskins are.  But my fandom is much different now than it was 15 years ago.  The majority of my emotions towards the team are negative.  I cannot stand Bruce Allen.  Like I don't think I've ever hated someone so much that I've never met before.  I don't find myself caring about watching the games on Sunday's, and when I do I usually do something else like browse the internet on my laptop and half pay attention to the game.  I don't buy any Redskins gear, not out of some designed protest but just because I don't want it.  I don't attend Redskins games in person.  I'm basically at a point where they need to make wholesale changes to regain my interest again.  

37 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That is a hard comparison to make. Your example is a bad restaurant, but there are like 20 restaurants I can walk to from my house.  There are only 32 nfl teams on the planet, and the closest one to me is the Redskins. 

I gotchu fam. Ill make a compelling case. The Dallas Cowboys might be far away in distance, but there are bars and fans all over the area you live. So it will feel close to home.

I grew up a Redskins fan because my father was a Redskins fan, there's definitely a regional factor involved. 

We all rebel against our fathers at some point. My son was once mad at me and said Eli Manning was better than Romo (obvi he repented for the egregious sin). The Cowboys are the ultimate rebellion not only against your dad, but against Synder and Allen.

Changing fandom would feel very strange to me, I can't imagine I will ever root for another team no matter how bad the Redskins are. 

Being A Cowboys fan is more just rooting against the Eagles, Giants and Redskins. You already know how to do that.

But my fandom is much different now than it was 15 years ago.  The majority of my emotions towards the team are negative. 

I feel the same way about the Skins. See, we are already on the same page.

I cannot stand Bruce Allen.  Like I don't think I've ever hated someone so much that I've never met before. 

You will love Jerry. He is full of entertaining comments and he doesnt run anything any more.

I don't find myself caring about watching the games on Sunday's, and when I do I usually do something else like browse the internet on my laptop and half pay attention to the game.  I don't buy any Redskins gear, not out of some designed protest but just because I don't want it.  I don't attend Redskins games in person.  I'm basically at a point where they need to make wholesale changes to regain my interest again.  

Read the above statement and realize in your heart of hearts - - you are already a Cowboys fan. 

18 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We all rebel against our fathers at some point. My son was once mad at me and said Eli Manning was better than Romo (obvi he repented for the egregious sin). The Cowboys are the ultimate rebellion not only against your dad, but against Synder and Allen.

Being a Cowboys fan is not being a rebel.  Its being a bandwagon mindless douchebag.  

3 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Being a Cowboys fan is not being a rebel.  Its being a bandwagon mindless douchebag.  

:calls Cowboys fans bandwagoners:

:also constantly points out that we havent won in 25 years:

Its hard to claim both things with a straight face, but you manage to do it. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

:calls Cowboys fans bandwagoners:

:also constantly points out that we havent won in 25 years:

Its hard to claim both things with a straight face, but you manage to do it. 

Hey I don't get it either.  But the Dallas fan that has never been to the state of Texas in his life is a real thing.  Call that what you want, they're rooting for that pitiful team for some reason.  Makes no sense to me.  

Archived