Game Day Thread Wk. 2 Steelers 0 - 1 vs. Seahawks 1 - 0

Steeler Hitman

1 minute ago, BlaqOptic said:

The issue is... the front office knew this yet did nothing to prepare for it. Look at the Ravens. They planned accordingly with Flacco and are reaping the benefits. New England, MULTIPLE TIMES, prepped appropriately for the departure of Brady. When Ben goes, we are screwed for a long time.

What QB would you have drafted to replace Ben?

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

As a member of a team and leader winning championships... Certainly.

As a passer? Absolutely, factually now.

No...as a passer, he had better seasons before Brown, from an efficiency standpoint.

He certainly became used to having Brown as an elite WR the last several years, but Brown certainly didnt make Ben.

Just now, Chieferific said:

What QB would you have drafted to replace Ben?

I don't focus on the draft enough to sit here and pretend I'd make an accurate assessment in saying this. However, I know history says that other than that guy in New England and a few other outliers, 3rd rounders and beyond typically don't turn into franchise altering talents at the QB position.

Seahawks, offensive coordinator: DK Metcalf sucks at running routes but is huge and fast? Yeah, you just run rails. 

Steelers, offensive coordinator: Moncreif sucks at running routes but is big and fast? Yeah we are gonna run everything in the route tree below 6...really catch em off guard!  

• Like 2

Just now, FourThreeMafia said:

No...as a passer, he had better seasons before Brown, from an efficiency standpoint.

He certainly became used to having Brown as an elite WR the last several years, but Brown certainly didnt make Ben.

Nobody other than Brown claimed he made Ben. But let's not pretend that because he was more "efficient" he was a better passer pre-Brown.

3 minutes ago, BlaqOptic said:

I don't focus on the draft enough to sit here and pretend I'd make an accurate assessment in saying this. However, I know history says that other than that guy in New England and a few other outliers, 3rd rounders and beyond typically don't turn into franchise altering talents at the QB position.

That Pats have only drafted 1 QB not in the 3rd or later Rds. You give them credit for the same thing you criticize the Steelers for. 

• Like 1