Week 2: MNF Browns vs Jets

Bobby816

As much as I hate putting so much on one game this early, it really is a season defining game. 

As you noted, our schedule is rough over the next few weeks. Need to be at least 1-2 entering the bye. If we’re able to end this stretch 2-5 there’s still hope. Better would be 3-4, because following NE week 7 we have a string of 7 games where we *should* be favorite (or within 3 pts).

Winning this game kind of makes up for the Bills loss, but losing it... might as well just enjoy the season as a growth year and look forward to 2020. 

Keys to the game: 

• Get pressure. The Cleveland OL may very well be the worst in the league. Our corners are trash and their receivers are great. The only way to stop them will be by doubling Odell and being in Baker’s face, constantly.
  • Expose their defense. Many came into the year expecting the Browns defense was going to be difficult to face based on their success last year, but fail to mention that the true architect of their success is no longer with them. Gregg Williams knows this unit even better than Steve Wilks does. The offensive staff should be picking Gregg’s brain constantly, trying to find out the weaknesses of their key players. This defense is not Buffalo’s; I expect us to move the ball much better than we did last Sunday. If I’m Gase, I’m going with a heavy dose of Le’Veon and giving Montgomery a lot more playing time. Specifically, I’d get him involved in the screen game as an H-back/TE/slot screens with Quincy out. Getting the ball to Crowder as a chain mover is great, but we have to spread the love and eventually hope Robby can break a few deep. 

Ultimately, I think this will be a high-ish scoring game, with both offenses (and their offensive coaching staff’s) out their trying to prove something. Ironically, this game may come down to whoever has the ball last. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

As much as I hate putting so much on one game this early, it really is a season defining game. 

As you noted, our schedule is rough over the next few weeks. Need to be at least 1-2 entering the bye. If we’re able to end this stretch 2-5 there’s still hope. Better would be 3-4, because following NE week 7 we have a string of 7 games where we *should* be favorite (or within 3 pts).

Winning this game kind of makes up for the Bills loss, but losing it... might as well just enjoy the season as a growth year and look forward to 2020. 

Keys to the game: 

• Get pressure. The Cleveland OL may very well be the worst in the league. Our corners are trash and their receivers are great. The only way to stop them will be by doubling Odell and being in Baker’s face, constantly.
  • Expose their defense. Many came into the year expecting the Browns defense was going to be difficult to face based on their success last year, but fail to mention that the true architect of their success is no longer with them. Gregg Williams knows this unit even better than Steve Wilks does. The offensive staff should be picking Gregg’s brain constantly, trying to find out the weaknesses of their key players. This defense is not Buffalo’s; I expect us to move the ball much better than we did last Sunday. If I’m Gase, I’m going with a heavy dose of Le’Veon and giving Montgomery a lot more playing time. Specifically, I’d get him involved in the screen game as an H-back/TE/slot screens with Quincy out. Getting the ball to Crowder as a chain mover is great, but we have to spread the love and eventually hope Robby can break a few deep. 

Ultimately, I think this will be a high-ish scoring game, with both offenses (and their offensive coaching staff’s) out their trying to prove something. Ironically, this game may come down to whoever has the ball last. 

Exactly. Thanks for digging deeper into what I was saying.

The reason for hope for me is that Williams should know hoe to attack this defense. He should know where weaknesses lie and all. Relay that to Gase and attack. C9ontrolling the clock will be big in this IMO. Cleveland is weak against the run. So make 1st downs, score points and keep the Browns offense on the sideline. That's the key to victory. Bc there offense is superior to our defense and they will be hungry after a loss as well.

Zero faith in our defense here even if Mosley plays.  TEN pressured Baker because their OL struggled, doubt we pressure him like that which means their weapons do damage.

I think we'll have a much better offensive game but our defense is going to let us down no doubt.

Just want to see Sam and the offense continue to build throughout the season at this point.  That's pretty much all we have to look forward to.