Brandon Ingram or Jaylen Brown

CWood21

I don't even think Ingram has a higher ceiling. Browns offensive awareness is fine. Handles are one of the easiest things for a basketball player to improve, so I'm not really worried about that.

Brown has the potential to be a great two way player, labeling his ceiling as a 3/D guy is just asinine.

3 hours ago, MookieMonster said:

I don't even think Ingram has a higher ceiling. Browns offensive awareness is fine. Handles are one of the easiest things for a basketball player to improve, so I'm not really worried about that.

Brown has the potential to be a great two way player, labeling his ceiling as a 3/D guy is just asinine.

You have anything to back your opinion that handles are easy to improve?  Regardless, I look at the situation he's in.  He's not going to be the #1 option, and honestly I don't think he'll ever be the #2 option either as long Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward are on the roster.  And given what Jayson Tatum did in the Summer League, there's reason to think that he's going to be higher on the pecking order in terms of offense.  It's not a knock on Jaylen Brown, but I don't envision a scenario in which Jaylen Brown ever becomes the focal point of the offense like I think the Lakers plan on doing with Brandon Ingram.

42 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

You have anything to back your opinion that handles are easy to improve?  Regardless, I look at the situation he's in.  He's not going to be the #1 option, and honestly I don't think he'll ever be the #2 option either as long Kyrie Irving and Gordon Hayward are on the roster.  And given what Jayson Tatum did in the Summer League, there's reason to think that he's going to be higher on the pecking order in terms of offense.  It's not a knock on Jaylen Brown, but I don't envision a scenario in which Jaylen Brown ever becomes the focal point of the offense like I think the Lakers plan on doing with Brandon Ingram.

You make it seem like Ingram is destined to be a number one. He's more than likely a second tier option as well.

13 hours ago, champ11 said:

He's a punk? 

He had some incidents against the raptors. He thinks he's a real tough guy on one end and a superstar who deserved superstar calls on the other end even though he was a 20 MPG rookie. 

I really like his game but he sorta pissed me off otherwise. 

10 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

He had some incidents against the raptors. He thinks he's a real tough guy on one end and a superstar who deserved superstar calls on the other end even though he was a 20 MPG rookie. 

Gotcha. I was just wondering because he seems like an awesome dude off the court

14 hours ago, CWood21 said:

What are the odds Ingram ever becomes the focal point? Lonzo Ball is going to be the guy with the ball in his hands the most and than you have the rumors of LeBron, PG, Westbrook, etc. potentially coming next year and Ingram could quite easily end up in the same situation as Brown.

10 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

That doesn't necessarily make him a punk. He could just not like the Raptors. 

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

If you're talking about summer league then you're talking about a conscious effort in which to use Jaylen Brown to run an offense and learn to facilitate, because they want him to be a big part of the offense. Of course Tatum looked more comfortable, he wasn't trying an entirely new role.

The only thing I have to back an opinion that his handle will improve is that he's already improved on all of his skill sets from college and has generally improved on everything the coaching staff has asked him to. 

We will see, though. 

9 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

Ive not seen any current pictures, but has Ingram put on any weight and muscle this off season? He needs to add 20 pounds or so if he is going to grow into that frame of his. 

He has some judging from his summer league. But was still noticeably on the slender side. But that was mid summer so we'll see.

Archived