Around the league discussion

candyman93

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

What I have seen from him this year is little effort. There is no scheme that works in. Maybe he becomes more interested with the Ravens but they said they had an all time elite secondary coming into the season and the only one playing really well is Humphrey and if they let Buster Skrine get away with the holds they let Humphrey get away with he would have been an all pro player.

We said we were going to be super bowl contenders and look at us now.

Anyone looking at their secondary before the season knew they were BBQ chicken. I mean Jimmy Smith, Anthony Averett, and Brandon Carr at CB? Marlon Humphrey aside beyond him it was Earl Thomas and a seriously declining Tony Jefferson. They were who most people paying attention thought they were: BBQ Chicken.

Yeah, Humphrey is an elite holder. It's crazy how much he gets away with. He's a tough tackler and physical CB who still make's plays though. Marcus Peter we'll just have to disagree as his game is completely different in zone vs man and for the Rams he was asked to do the very opposite of what he's good at as they let Talib be the zone CB and Peters play man.

For the Ravens, Humphrey's is the man guy covered up by Earl Thomas in zone with now Marcus Peters playing zone covered up by Anthony Levine playing matching zone or man based on the call. It should allow Peters to thrive. He still competes and makes plays imo based on the limited sample size I've seen.

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It hurts my heart seeing Terry Mclaurin be EXACTLY what we thought he’d be, even better.

You were out ahead on that train with few people.

I didn't think Terry could have next level impact and basically moonlight as a true WR1 at all.

I thought he was a utility guy who could step up and be a solid WR2 when need be.

It's a shame because he'd work perfectly in this offense in the Callaway role, but McLaurin had elite character, elite intangibles/work ethic, and now has the play ability as well.  I had him valued in the 3rd or late 2nd. He truly should've been a late first early second round guy.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I highly doubt it.

If so, this franchise is goddamed doomed.

Well in 6 games Freddie has twice as many wins as Hue had after 32 games and just 1 less than Hue after 40 games. To be fair Freddie should get the same slack so if he goes 1-33 in his next 34 games then we should fire him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Who would have told him that? We don't really have leaks.

I doubt we don’t have leaks. It all sounded well and good in training camp when they scared everyone but now that craps hitting the fan coaches are going to suck up to media people to try and get them to write a positive spin about them so they can get another job. Happens all the time. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

On top of that who would have that information to leak it anyway? The Haslems and Dorsey.

Or someone the haslam or Dorsey said something to.  Firing personnel isn’t usually a one man job. Or maybe it was as simple as someone overheard one of them yelling about it to themselves. 

50 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I doubt we don’t have leaks. It all sounded well and good in training camp when they scared everyone but now that craps hitting the fan coaches are going to suck up to media people to try and get them to write a positive spin about them so they can get another job. Happens all the time. 

So you think someone told an assistant coach that they almost fired Freddie? Yeah, no.

• Like 1