Around the league discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I remember being repeatedly scoffed at in preseason for saying we need a TE... We have one... and he had 2 big drops last week.

We definitely needed to upgrade the TE position.

The one we have though caught 4 of 6 targets, including a TD.

Not a bad day.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

I like him, too.

He could block with the best of them.

He is incredibly athletic.

Needs to be taught/coached and want to do it.

Eh, I don't think he has the body type to be a great blocker he could be serviceable but I doubt ever reaches average. I don't think we have a good blocking TE on the team which makes running 2 TE sets with a power run game pretty impossible. We don't even have tackles that could line up a the TE position because we don't have any active outside of our starters. I dount our personnel changes much week 2 because we don't really have options. We need to create mismatches and exploit them. We didn't really do that week one, find the weakness and attack it. Even if it is a 2 yard pass to the back with an ILB in coverage. Take advantage of it and eventually the mismatches will spread out to other areas and attack further down field when it happens.

12 hours ago, pnies20 said:

I remember being repeatedly scoffed at in preseason for saying we need a TE... We have one... and he had 2 big drops last week.

Well cause just getting a #2 TE isn’t a big deal. Yeah Njoku drops the ball but had a knack of making the tough catch, like his TD pass. If the other TE you could get is a guy like Howard, make a play but it seemed pointless to try and find a career back up TE

8 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dount our personnel changes much week 2 because we don't really have options. We need to create mismatches and exploit them. We didn't really do that week one, find the weakness and attack it. Even if it is a 2 yard pass to the back with an ILB in coverage. Take advantage of it and eventually the mismatches will spread out to other areas and attack further down field when it happens.

I don’t think we need to really change personnel tho. 10/11 personnel should be our best package until Hunt comes back and the team can sprinkle in some 20. 

I just think the coaches had no idea how to run the offense since they never did it all preseason. I think being a team that had been together in the same system allows them to sit and rest. A team with all those new moving parts and a new system, should have played more in the preseason highlight is 20/20 tho. I think having a film and seeing how teams are going to react is huge for them to figure out how to get the offense going. Also lets see how the offense operates when they aren’t getting flagged all the time too. 

I think one of the biggest issues last week was the WRs were not ready at all to deal with the redirection and the jamming of the WRs. It destroyed timing and caused Baker to hold onto the ball more. I want to see more natural pick plays and maybe some WR stacks or tight trips, so certain WRs can get free more for the timing routes

19 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It makes sense to trade for Minkah if we are not confident we can resign Randall.

Minkah is a slot CB. Part of the reason he asked for a trade is because there was confusion about what position he was playing, adding weight, etc. He wants to be a corner. 

And it still makes Sense because we’re going to be without a slot corner after this year.

• Like 2