Minkah Fitzpatrick

LoganF89

12 hours ago, Vladimir L said:

Redskins should make a push

Trent and a 3rd

Would be funny to send trent to a crappy situation

This is such a bad trade that I actually think we’d do it. It would be twice we’ve given up a potential hall of famer for an inferior player and then added a pick to spice things up. 

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You don’t give up Trent for Minkah. If Trent goes its for a first or a second plus a third. The idea of Trent for Minkah is absurd. 

The idea of getting nothing for Trent all year while he sits out is also absurd. Getting a 22-year-old CB/S is something worth value for Trent.

Edited by turtle28

8 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The idea of getting nothing for Trent all year while he sits out is also absurd. Getting a 22-year-old CB/S is something worth value for Trent.

Who cares if he sits out? You don’t just dump your best player. Minkah for Trent is not a good trade for the Redskins at all. 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Who cares if he sits out? You don’t just dump your best player. Minkah for Trent is not a good trade for the Redskins at all. 

All I’m saying is a trade like that may be as good as we ever do, but I’m sure Bruce Allen will wait for 3 firsts & a 2nd.

2 hours ago, mar29020 said:

Miami doesnt want old players anyways 

This is the correct point to make. Why would Miami want Trent Williams? No one but immediate contenders will have the slightest interest in him.

I would like to get him, but I think the only way we factor into the Minkah Fitzpatrick situation is if we get a 2nd round pick somehow, likely a trade of Trent Williams to some other team. Fitzpatrick went one pick after Josh Rosen and he didn’t completely suck last year — getting him for a 3rd, even an early one as ours is projected to be, does not seem super realistic in my book.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, e16bball said:

This is the correct point to make. Why would Miami want Trent Williams? No one but immediate contenders will have the slightest interest in him.

I would like to get him, but I think the only way we factor into the Minkah Fitzpatrick situation is if we get a 2nd round pick somehow, likely a trade of Trent Williams to some other team. Fitzpatrick went one pick after Josh Rosen and he didn’t completely suck last year — getting him for a 3rd, even an early one as ours is projected to be, does not seem super realistic in my book.

we are gonna need a corner, this would be a good move to make 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mar29020 said:

we are gonna need a corner, this would be a good move to make 

Yes, people need to get over the fact that Trent is going to return and that we are going to get a haul for Trent. We already apparently weren’t in the race floor Clowney which is stupid, did anyone see our outside pass rush vs Phila? Or actually not see it?

We could have sent Trent, Reed and Kerrigan to Houston so they could have a shot at a super bowl over the last few years of their career, we could have gotten a 25 year old pass rusher and multiple picks.

I really like Falcons WR Calvin Ridley.

I don't know if the Falcons need a LT, but if they did?

I would be all over trading Trent to Atlanta for Ridley & maybe a 3rd or something along those lines.

He's going to be a special player, but he's splitting catches from the great Julio Jones.

A future offense with QB Haskins, RB Love, WR Mcclaurin, Ridley & Harmon would be special.

And fast!

I love Minkah but I would prefer to build through the draft as we have been. I mean getting a player one year removed from the draft isn’t too crazy but I don’t like the idea of getting rid of future assets unless your getting great value without giving a 1 most the time I don’t like giving up a two. Though I’d love to get Minkah I’m sure we would have to pay something higher then I’d care to give.

especially when ILB and OL and a number 1 CB are our highest needs

Edited by ripsean21

On 9/14/2019 at 1:55 PM, lavar703 said:

You don’t give up Trent for Minkah. If Trent goes its for a first or a second plus a third. The idea of Trent for Minkah is absurd. 

If the Dolphins would actually do that, it's a no-brainer for the Redskins.

I think the idea of other teams giving up a first rounder for an expensive, often injured, over 30 LT is absurd.

4 hours ago, Slateman said:

If the Dolphins would actually do that, it's a no-brainer for the Redskins.

I think the idea of other teams giving up a first rounder for an expensive, often injured, over 30 LT is absurd.

Maybe....

But I think trading 2 first Rd draft picks & a 2nd RD draft choice for a LT who has not even made it as a pro bowl alternate.

Is absurd