2020 Draft thread

lavar703

55 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelly beg to differ........not to mention that whole class was bad up and down, including a sixth round punter who played six games for us before getting cut.  

And God Forbid we go back and look at some of those early and mid 90's draft classes.  Dreadful.  Drizzling poops.  

I had repressed those memories. 

And now I have to re-repress them.

giphy.gif

• Like 4

8 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Theres already been rumors of 3-1st.

I agree with everyone that Youngs potential is through the roof and he will be a great player for a decade. If a lot of other teams, Chase is a no brainer selection. But we were the 2nd worst in the league. Couldnt name a single DB the final couple games with Dunbar out. Reduced to pulling guys off the street. The only team to avg under 17ppg. Went 16 quarters (4 games worth) without a TD. Finished the season with last 3 games against NFCE rivals in which 42ppg was allowed by our defense.

Our only positive is we have one of the top 3 youngest teams. Especially at some key positions QB, RB, WR, DL. But we do need more talent on the roster. 3-1st for me. Id be down for accepting. 5-1st over the next 3 years just sounds good to me for long term success.

I get lit but will a rookie gm have the sack to pass on what everyone views as a can’t miss pass rusher? I’d need more than a first in next three drafts- that’s only equivalent to a first second and third in this draft using time value discounting ( where oh where is our math nerd @Woz

Jimmy Johnson changed my view on the draft- quantity of first three round picks is more important than where those picks are in each draft, but I watched how we have been so bad drafting players that taking a sure thing sounds ok to me plus I still have nightmares watching LT kill us

Cinn- Burrow

Miami -Tua 

Detroit- Okudah 

Giants- LT 2.0

Wash- LB-Simmons, 18- OT Josh Jones, 2021 first, 2022 second 

9 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

We were in a position where guys were pulled off the street and having them start late in the season. To me it just screams that we have to build and add pieces. Be great to have Chase. But it would also be great to fill holes and build depth with star potential players.

If he is the pick. Im hoping some solid moves get made in FA. If not many waves are being made in FA. Then Id rather the picks. The main thing is we have to get talent coming through the door. One way or the other.

But we aren’t a year away from super bowl contending so why do we need to plug all these holes in one off-season? Why can’t we trade back with next years pick which is most likely going to be high as well? It just seems like we’ve waited and waited to have a shot at picking the best player in the draft. We’re always just a couple picks away from the best talent and we finally have that shot and now people want to trade it away to just pick the same talent we’ve been picking. For once, let’s take the elite game-changing talent. We haven’t had an all pro in like 20 years which is insane. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Devin Thomas, Fred Davis and Malcolm Kelly beg to differ........not to mention that whole class was bad up and down, including a sixth round punter who played six games for us before getting cut.  

And God Forbid we go back and look at some of those early and mid 90's draft classes.  Dreadful.  Drizzling poops.  

Was that Kyle Smith or someone else picking those player's? 

2 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Was that Kyle Smith or someone else picking those player's? 

I think the point stands regardless? Kyle Smith could pick hall of famers or duds as well. I'm not 100% sure I understand why you think Kyle Smith is some elite drafter all of a sudden.

https://www.si.com/nfl/redskins/news/tua-to-meet-with-redskins

As Pauline wrote in part: "Tua has an “official 45” meeting with the Redskins."

Pauline further explained the commonly known thoughts of the Redskins brass:
"There are some in the Washington front office who are not sold on Dwayne Haskins, last year’s first-round selection. But this is more about the franchise doing their due diligence than anything else."

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think the point stands regardless? Kyle Smith could pick hall of famers or duds as well. I'm not 100% sure I understand why you think Kyle Smith is some elite drafter all of a sudden.

Due to the fact our young group of talented players were drafted by Smith. Rivera joined the team because of the Player's Smith drafted. Rivera said multiple time's he liked the roster. Smith has alot to do with that. 

Edited by Skins212689

Just now, Skins212689 said:

Due to the fact he our young group of talented players were drafted by Smith. Rivera joined the team because of the Player's Smith drafted. Rivera said multiple time's he liked the roster. Smith has alot to do with that. 

Smith was on a team of people that drafted players yes. But, outside of Allen, Payne, McLaurin, some of these classes are too new to say we killed it, or ... well ... we didn't kill it.

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

Smith was on a team of people that drafted players yes. But, outside of Allen, Payne, McLaurin, some of these classes are too new to say we killed it, or ... well ... we didn't kill it.

I'd trust that he'd keep that streak going with 3 extra 1st round picks. While peole wanna go back and forth, No player you guy's have named have what I want the most A SUPERBOWL RING! If Peppers has 1 it's because he joined Arron Rodgers Packers. Once again Young isn't Sean Taylor or Lawrence Taylor so for 3 1st round picks I'd make the deal. 

2 hours ago, Doc Draper said:

I get lit but will a rookie gm have the sack to pass on what everyone views as a can’t miss pass rusher? I’d need more than a first in next three drafts- that’s only equivalent to a first second and third in this draft using time value discounting ( where oh where is our math nerd @Woz

Jimmy Johnson changed my view on the draft- quantity of first three round picks is more important than where those picks are in each draft, but I watched how we have been so bad drafting players that taking a sure thing sounds ok to me plus I still have nightmares watching LT kill us

Cinn- Burrow

Miami -Tua 

Detroit- Okudah 

Giants- LT 2.0

Wash- LB-Simmons, 18- OT Josh Jones, 2021 first, 2022 second 

Simmons and Jones aren't enough to pass on Young. 

9 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I'd trust that he'd keep that streak going with 3 extra 1st round picks. While peole wanna go back and forth, No player you guy's have named have what I want the most A SUPERBOWL RING! If Peppers has 1 it's because he joined Arron Rodgers Packers. Once again Young isn't Sean Taylor or Lawrence Taylor so for 3 1st round picks I'd make the deal. 

This debate among taking Young or multiple 1st rounders always reminds me of:

• Like 2