2020 Draft thread

lavar703

7 minutes ago, tredaddy said:

Fam, you really need to stop assuming every first round pick is magically going to end up being an All Pro talent.  Kyle Smith i'm super excited about but outside of Terry McLaurin, no one exactly has been a All-Pro home run pick (yet).  

When there's an Amari Cooper, there's also a Corey Davis, Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson, Laquon Treadwell, Mike Williams, and many many others who don't live up to the hype

When there's a Luke Keuchly, there's an Aaron Curry, Haason Reddick, etc. who don't live up to the hype.  

It's great that youre optimistic about our future drafts, but the NFL draft is filled with a multitude of busts in the first round that i'm not sure youre quite acknowledging.  

It's not me assuming, It's me picking the guys I believe will be All Pro type players for this team. Tell me how my target's don't fit the All Pro Catergory. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

So is your argument to trade for three other first round picks, or take Burrow/Tua at this spot?  Because now you are starting to change your argument here.  

If you've got an issue, whatever it is with Chase Young, just say so, because that's what it is sounding like right now.  No one is going to care one way or the other.  

Not at All. Haskins is my QB that I will build a complete team around. Now once I was to build that Complete team around him and where still not winning SuperBowls, Haskins than may have to be replaced if he were to show Kirk Cousins like tendencies. 

11 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

It's not me assuming, It's me picking the guys I believe will be All Pro type players for this team. Tell me how my target's don't fit the All Pro Catergory. 

Well I don't see many first team All-Pros in this draft like you do. The only one that I think has a GOOD shot to be one is Young. Other players might hit top 10 in the league at their position, but 1st team all-pro? That's rare air. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Well I don't see many first team All-Pros in this draft like you do. The only one that I think has a GOOD shot to be one is Young. Other players might hit top 10 in the league at their position, but 1st team all-pro? That's rare air. 

Cool but this 1 All Pro doesn't mean a SuperBowl win. I want a SuperBowl win. 

Guys I'm targeting are compared to Odell Beckham, Tyrann Mathieu, and Thomas Davis. I'm rolling with that over just a Julius Peppers for a team that has multiple needs. 

7 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Guys I'm targeting are compared to Odell Beckham, Tyrann Mathieu, and Thomas Davis. I'm rolling with that over just a Julius Peppers for a team that has multiple needs. 

That's Walter Football right?

22 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Beckham and Davis don’t have rings and Matheiu got his because of Mahomes. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Beckham and Davis don’t have rings and Matheiu got his because of Mahomes. 

Yet I'd add their talent oppose to just Peppers (alone) to this team any day as I pursue a SuperBowl. Especially while their on Rookie contracts.

Edited by Skins212689

I think there’s just a misunderstanding about what the back half of the 1st round really consists of. It’s not mostly All-Pros. It’s actually often more busts than long-term starters. 

Since we’re talking about pick #26, I went ahead and pulled the players drafted at 26 since 2010. That list is as follows:

DT Dan Williams

WR Jonathan Baldwin

DE Whitney Mercilus

DE Datone Jones

DE Marcus Smith

WR Breshad Perriman

QB Paxton Lynch

DE Takkarist McKinley

WR Calvin Ridley

DE Montez Sweat

There are zero All-Pro selections in that group. There aren’t even any Pro Bowls. You’ve really got maybe 4 of the 10 that are even long-term starters, let alone stars. If you pull an All-Pro out of the back half of the 1st round, it’s either exceptional scouting or pure dumb luck — probably a lot of both. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think there’s just a misunderstanding about what the back half of the 1st round really consists of. It’s not mostly All-Pros. It’s actually often more busts than long-term starters. 

Since we’re talking about pick #26, I went ahead and pulled the players drafted at 26 since 2010. That list is as follows:

DT Dan Williams

WR Jonathan Baldwin

DE Whitney Mercilus

DE Datone Jones

DE Marcus Smith

WR Breshad Perriman

QB Paxton Lynch

DE Takkarist McKinley

WR Calvin Ridley

DE Montez Sweat

There are zero All-Pro selections in that group. You’ve really got maybe 4 of the 10 that are even long-term starters, let alone stars. If you pull an All-Pro out of the back half of the 1st round, it’s either exceptional scouting or pure dumb luck — probably a lot of both. 

great post E!! 

16 hours ago, FosterTheSkins said:

The Skins aren't trading their pick.  They're taking Young because what they want to pass up Chase no team will pay.

Rivera and Del Rio want this kid so they're not going to give him up unless it's an ungodly deal. 

I agree...

The only way the Redskins trade their pick is if they're offered from Miami...

#5, #18,#26 in the 1st

One of their two, 2nd round picks 

And a 1st or 2nd round pick in 2021.

That might do it...🙉

Of course, Dolphins fans would probably lose their minds...lol

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

DT Dan Williams

WR Jonathan Baldwin

DE Whitney Mercilus

DE Datone Jones

DE Marcus Smith

WR Breshad Perriman

QB Paxton Lynch

DE Takkarist McKinley

WR Calvin Ridley

DE Montez Sweat

There are zero All-Pro selections in that group. There aren’t even any Pro Bowls. You’ve really got maybe 4 of the 10 that are even long-term starters, let alone stars. If you pull an All-Pro out of the back half of the 1st round, it’s either exceptional scouting or pure dumb luck — probably a lot of both. 

I want to see Sweat in a 4-3 with Rivera and Del Rio. Ridley performed well as a #3 option behind Jones and Sanu. Haven't checked the stats but I'd bet his numbers improved when Sanu went to the Patriots. I also said the #26 pick could be used to move UP or Down in the draft. Instead of all the negative talk, why can't Most see the positive in filling 3 different positions instead of just 1? Rivera has proved his ability to lead and guide good to great TALENT so I believe the more you give him the better the TEAM can be point blank and simple. 

Edited by Skins212689