2020 Draft thread

lavar703

37 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

You think Burrow is better yet Meyers didn't agree. I'll go with Meyers!

Since you want to go with Meyers. I guess you dont think Chase is a top 5 pick. Cause Chase was playin 2nd fiddle to Bosa in '17 same as Burrows was with Haskins. So youre saying hes not on Bosa's level.

8 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

I was just pointing out that Bosa was ahead of Chase while there together. With Haskins and Bosa both in the NFL, Chase and Burrows had tremendous years of growth in their game. Yet you want Chase, but say Meyers preferred Haskins over Burrows as some excuse. When Meyers preferred Bosa over Chase in '17 and Bosa with all the hype in '18. Its the same situation for both guys, only Burrows went elsewhere for his proving grounds.

Sir didn't Young actaully come in to relief after Bosa got hurt? Burrow got benched and had to go to a whole new team. Not the same situation. Haskins beat Burrow for the Starting position and went to LSU. Bosa may have beat Chase on the right side but I guarantee if not for injury Bosa and Young would've been on the field together. 

5 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Since you want to go with Meyers. I guess you dont think Chase is a top 5 pick. Cause Chase was playin 2nd fiddle to Bosa in '17 same as Burrows was with Haskins. So youre saying hes not on Bosa's level.

Why didn't Bosa and Chase never line up on opposite sides together? We know only 1 QB can start yet 2 DE's can play on the DLine together. I thought it was BECAUSE of Bosa's injury. 

25 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Sir didn't Young actaully come in to relief after Bosa got hurt? Burrow got benched and had to go to a whole new team. Not the same situation. Haskins beat Burrow for the Starting position and went to LSU. Bosa may have beat Chase on the right side but I guarantee if not for injury Bosa and Young would've been on the field together. 

23 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Why didn't Bosa and Chase never line up on opposite sides together? We know only 1 QB can start yet 2 DE's can play on the DLine together. I thought it was BECAUSE of Bosa's injury. 

2017 is when it all went down. Not 2018.

2017. Where was Chase while Bosa was 1st team All-B1G? Holding down the 2nd option same as Burrows.

Then 2018 both had growth. Chase 2nd team All B1G. Burrows with 2 Offensive Player of the Week Awards.

2019 both grew even more. And between them took home every award possible for their positions.

Comparing either ones 2017 self to the current after 2 full years of developing and growth doesnt make sense to do. When everyone can clearly see how much both have grown to become the top players in the country.

17 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

2017 is when it all went down. Not 2018.

2017. Where was Chase while Bosa was 1st team All-B1G? Holding down the 2nd option same as Burrows.

Then 2018 both had growth. Chase 2nd team All B1G. Burrows with 2 Offensive Player of the Week Awards.

2019 both grew even more. And between them took home every award possible for their positions.

Comparing either ones 2017 self to the current after 2 full years of developing and growth doesnt make sense to do. When everyone can clearly see how much both have grown to become the top players in the country.

2017 QB Haskins comes in as a Freshmen and is ahead of the Sophomore Burrow. Bosa has 16 sacks as a Sophmore while Chase has 3.5 sacks as a Freshmen. I don't see your point. Burrow never past Haskins until he left Ohio State. Young had to develop as a Freshmen before being as elite as Bosa. Young's 2nd year he has 10.5 sacks without Bosa (who only played 3 games) His 3rd year being last year is when he did even better than Bosa's 3rd year in college. Burrow took longer to develop than Haskins on the field from what I see. 

Edited by Skins212689

On 2/22/2020 at 5:11 PM, pacman5252 said:

Unpopular opinion, if I was Washington if Tua’s medicals are fine I’d go him. Haskins looked like trash. Locking down a cheap franchise qb before the new cba would do wonders

I realize it’s been a while since you’ve had to watch your franchise start a rookie (32 years, which is really remarkable), but an 85.5 passer rating and 7 TDs to 3 INTs in his starts is not trash. Especially for a kid who started 14 games in college and saw his HC/playcalled fired mid-season. Compare his performance in those 7 starts to most rookies over the last few years, and I think you’ll see that it stacks up pretty well.

It would be mindnumbingly stupid of them to pull a “Rosen” unless they were absolutely 100% convinced that the QB prospect they’d be getting was a future superstar. I can’t imagine anyone could feel that sort of confidence about Tua, even if just because of his injury issues. Burrow? I guess I could see some people being that convinced about him. But not Tua, not after all the injuries, and the severity of the most recent one.

But on the bright side, we do agree that it’s an unpopular opinion. 

8 hours ago, e16bball said:

I realize it’s been a while since you’ve had to watch your franchise start a rookie (32 years, which is really remarkable), but an 85.5 passer rating and 7 TDs to 3 INTs in his starts is not trash. Especially for a kid who started 14 games in college and saw his HC/playcalled fired mid-season. Compare his performance in those 7 starts to most rookies over the last few years, and I think you’ll see that it stacks up pretty well.

It would be mindnumbingly stupid of them to pull a “Rosen” unless they were absolutely 100% convinced that the QB prospect they’d be getting was a future superstar. I can’t imagine anyone could feel that sort of confidence about Tua, even if just because of his injury issues. Burrow? I guess I could see some people being that convinced about him. But not Tua, not after all the injuries, and the severity of the most recent one.

But on the bright side, we do agree that it’s an unpopular opinion. 

First Tua coming out is undeniably a better prospect than Haskins and for a franchise that’s been qb starved that is important (1 year starting vs 3,  then just watch the tape, Tua can actually make down field throws,  Tua has been known as a leader vs Haskins ). Locking up a significant qb upgrade is more important than drafting a position player (qbs can play up to their upper 30s, Young will be out of the league likely by 33). 

An 85 passer rating was solid in 2000.  In 2019, when stats are inflated due to more short passing and less ints, 85  was good for 40th. That is trash. His QBR was in the same ballpark.  What concerns me most about him was his downfield throwing was a knock in college and was weak year 1. In an era where kids have been throwing in passing camps since they were 10, thay isn’t likely to significantly improve. I was at the skins/gb game. Haskins was holing the team back (like 50 yards until deep in the 4th).  

Yeah, my favorite squad has been blessed in my 30 years following the team, but I’ve also seen enough crappy qbs to know when someone doesn’t have it.

11 minutes ago, pacman5252 said:

First Tua coming out is undeniably a better prospect than Haskins and for a franchise that’s been qb starved that is important (1 year starting vs 3,  then just watch the tape, Tua can actually make down field throws,  Tua has been known as a leader vs Haskins ). Locking up a significant qb upgrade is more important than drafting a position player (qbs can play up to their upper 30s, Young will be out of the league likely by 33). 

An 85 passer rating was solid in 2000.  In 2019, when stats are inflated due to more short passing and less ints, 85  was good for 40th. That is trash. His QBR was in the same ballpark.  What concerns me most about him was his downfield throwing was a knock in college and was weak year 1. In an era where kids have been throwing in passing camps since they were 10, thay isn’t likely to significantly improve. I was at the skins/gb game. Haskins was holing the team back (like 50 yards until deep in the 4th).  

Yeah, my favorite squad has been blessed in my 30 years following the team, but I’ve also seen enough crappy qbs to know when someone doesn’t have it.

Got it. Thank you. I’m going down to Redskins park today to clear out Haskins locker. I appreciate your scouting. Really saved us all some time. 

35 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

It’s tough to put a positive spin on that stat. Haskins faced a ton of pressure in his rookie season, but even when his offensive line held up and created some time for him to operate, he still struggled to make plays. During his final two games of the season, Haskins was able to show quite a bit of improvement by throwing for four touchdowns and zero interceptions, so let’s just hope that his clean-pocket passer rating improves this year as well.

This is the part of the article that matters most to me. Judging his earlier games is fine but overlooking just how much he improved over the course of the season is pretty unfair. He got better with almost each start and showed improvement in quite a few areas. I won’t say it’s an agenda but the fans who didn’t want him haven’t changed their minds and the fans who did haven’t either. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

It’s tough to put a positive spin on that stat. Haskins faced a ton of pressure in his rookie season, but even when his offensive line held up and created some time for him to operate, he still struggled to make plays. During his final two games of the season, Haskins was able to show quite a bit of improvement by throwing for four touchdowns and zero interceptions, so let’s just hope that his clean-pocket passer rating improves this year as well.

This is the part of the article that matters most to me. Judging his earlier games is fine but overlooking just how much he improved over the course of the season is pretty unfair. He got better with almost each start and showed improvement in quite a few areas. I won’t say it’s an agenda but the fans who didn’t want him haven’t changed their minds and the fans who did haven’t either. 

There are those with the agenda to just be Haters of Haskins. 

38 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

There are those with an agenda that hope the Redskins acquire the best player possible for every position .

Is there anyone that doesn't think the Cardinals made the right decision ?

What does that situation have to do with the Redskins? Rosen was dreadful. Haskins wasn’t. Rosen proved it wasn’t the system by being dreadful in a different one. Maybe Haskins ends up being terrible but those last two games of the season were not indicative of a guy who’s going to suck.